Hi i would like ro change my number

9 REPLIES 9

S_T2016
I'm a participant level 1

HELLO FIDO I WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE MY PHONE NUMBER PLEASE HELP ME THANKS

Hello S_T2016,

Welcome to the community!

Are you wishing to change phone numbers because you have moved? You should note that there is a charge to change your phone number within the same local calling area (unless you make the change yourself online) (see here). You can do so via My Account --> Profile & Settings --> Usage & Services --> Mobile. From there you would need to select Change my number (under Quick Actions, near bottom of page).

You should note that if you have moved between Provinces, you may need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. There would not be any fee for the change since your move involves a change in local calling area (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

qwerty23
I'm a participant level 2

Hey I was wondering why I got charge for changing phone number on Fido.ca

thanks 

Hey there @qwerty23, welcome to the community!

Can you please give us a little more details about what you mean?

Did you require any help from customer service? 

Did you reach out to customer service in the days prior or following your telephone number change? 

qwerty23

Hello! My problem has been resolved. Thank you Smiley

Thanks for the update @qwerty23

Happy to hear it was resolved Smiley

Cheers!

Lcsndrrfnn

How can I retain the same number that I had from my previous phone that is with a different company if it has already been disconnected 

Hello Lcsndrrfnn,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, if the line with the other provider has already been cancelled, it's unlikely you will be able to get the same phone number. Generally, once a phone line gets cancelled, its associated phone number is out-of-circulation for a period of time. Other providers won't be able to access that phone number.

I'm not positive, but there may be a way for the original provider to possibly reverse the cancellation?? You might consider contacting your original provider to enquire if such a procedure is possible.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Cammynunes!

You can change your number for free via your Fido.ca account. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your Fido My Account.
  2. Select the wireless number you want to change.
  3. Click Change My Number.
  4. Select the province and city you will do most of your calling from and click FIND AVAILABLE NUMBERS.
  5. You'll be given a list of numbers to choose from. Choose one and click SELECT NUMBER. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the request.

Also, check out this page for some things you should know after changing it. 

Hope this helps.