Phone number change online

SOLVED
Alicia93
I'm a Participant Level 1

Is there a way to change my phone number online? If so can someone help me how? If not can I go in? I need to change it asap!

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone number change online

Solved by MVP MVP

@Alicia93 To change your phone number , you will need to log into My account  then click on the number you want to change on the next page right beside your phone number you will see Change my number click on that and follow the instructions.

View solution in context
50 REPLIES 50
Ali84

hello i’m asking if i can have a phone number 

Hey there @Ali84

Welcome to the community Smiley

As mentioned earlier in this thread, you can change your existing phone number online on Fido.ca. To better assist you though, can you please clarify your request?

Are you looking to change an existing number to a new one, or are you looking to activate a new line? Let us know!

Parisdaisy

Hi I have a problem when trying to change my phone number online too... I logged in and went Service- Mobile- but there’s no link about changing my phone jumber. Only a link for changing call display name. I tried with Google Chrome, Internet Explores and Safari. Could anyone please help me?

Hey Parisdaisy!

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer looking into this with you. Smiley 

KAPABLE-K
MVP

@Alicia93 To change your phone number , you will need to log into My account  then click on the number you want to change on the next page right beside your phone number you will see Change my number click on that and follow the instructions.

malcham
I'm a Participant Level 2

I need a new number

Hey malcham! 

Do you mean that you need to change your phone number? 

You can easily change your phone number, free of charge, in My Account under the Services tab. 

You can find everything you need to know about the impacts of changing your phone number here

Let us know if you have any questions about the process. 

Michigan

I have met the same problem. I have tried four different browsers. "Change number" link is hidden and is reachable only from "site map" page.

Direct link is 

https://www.fido.ca/pages/#/my-account/change-phone-number

Hey @Michigan,

Welcome to the community and thanks for sharing the direct link with all the others, it's greatly appreciated Smiley

As for the link available on your Fido.ca profile you should be able to find it by going to Overview > Selecting the Fido number you wish to change > On the top of the page the link "Change my number" should be available.

Hope this helps.

Michigan

Also can't change the phone number. Got message "OH-OH! Some error occurred. Please try again later."

Trying to change number from Quebec to Ontario.

Different browsers give the same result.

Hello Michigan,

Welcome to the community!

It's possible you're getting that error message because you'll likely have to also change your plan since you've moved Provinces. The plans are associated with the phone numbers and it's not possible to keep a plan from one Province if the number is not from that same Province (see here).

If you would like to keep your plan, you'll have to keep your Quebec phone number. However, if you would still like to change your phone number, you might consider contacting customer support so they can also change your plan. As far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any charge for phone number changes if you move Provinces (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

Hey @Michigan

Welcome to the Community Smiley 

Since you currently have a Quebec number , that would also mean you have a Quebec plan. We'd need to put you on the right plan before the number could be changed.

Sending a PM your way to get this sorted out Smiley

deepak111
I'm a Participant Level 3

I went to my accounts and change my number, I was even able to choose number as I hit change number its says it was unable to change, any solutions?

@deepak111 wrote:

I went to my accounts and change my number, I was even able to choose number as I hit change number its says it was unable to change, any solutions?

Hello Deepak111,

Are you trying to change a number for a prepaid or postpaid account?

Cheers

deepak111

How do we check if it is postpaid or prepaid? the only thing i can see is " Fido Pulse BYOP plan" I pay 40+ tax every month.

Looks like you have a Postpaid account @deepak111. Would you have access to Chrome by any chance? 

If it's the same issue or if you don't have access to Chrome, let us know so we can send you a PM to help you out. Smiley 

deepak111

I tried logging in via Google Chrome but i cannot login with Google Chrome. The login page doesn't load with Chrome.

Hey @deepak111

Just following up with you for @FidoTerry.

When you tried with Google Chrome, you got the same error message?

pov_dim

Hey Im getting the same "Oh Oh error" when changing phone numbers. 

Hi @pov_dim & welcome to the Community!

Have you tried clearing the cache/cookies of your browser or tried using a different one? Also, is your plan specific to the province that you're currently in?

Let me know. Smiley