Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Community,

Here’s everything you need to know when changing your phone number:

1. Once your phone number is changed, you can’t go back to your previous number.

1. A fee applies for a phone number change within the same local calling area. There are a few exceptions for which this charge won’t apply:
    • Changes made online via self-serve on Fido.ca
    • Changes initiated by Fido
    • If you move and change to a phone number in a different local calling area

1. If you have voicemail:
    • You’ll lose all of your messages, your greeting message, voice signature and your PIN will be reset
    • You will need to set up your voicemail as new
    • Turn your phone off and back on for it to reset

1. If the change is made during your billing cycle:
    • Your monthly plan charges might be prorated
    • You will still be able to track your usage in the My Account app, on Fido.ca and through our IVR, however, you won’t receive data usage notifications for the rest of the current bill cycle

1. If you’re registered to My Account on Fido.ca with a phone number or Group ID username:
    • You won’t be able to access your account on fido.ca anymore. You’ll simply need to go to Fido.ca and create a new My Account profile using an email address. If you’re registered to the Community, you’ll need to re-register as well. Worry not though! We can get your old profile back. Click here to send me a PM with both your old and new usernames and I’ll take care of it!

1. If you have the T9-1-1 service, it will take up to 48 hours before you can use it again.

Hopefully this answered your questions! Don’t forget to tell your friends/family that you changed your number Wink

Have any other questions? Don’t hesitate to ask the Community!