cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido App Data Usage Issue

DeeMundy69
I'm a participant level 3

About 3-4 months ago there was an update of the Fido App on IOS that stopped showing how much Data you have used. Three days ago there was another update and it fixed the problem but went back in 2-3 hours later and it wasn’t showing the data usage again. This is a problem. Please fix this . Thanks 

46 REPLIES 46

Hey @Art13

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I moved your post here since it's about the same subject.

We will update this thread as soon as it is fixed.

SarangLee
I'm a participant level 2

Screenshot_20190330-215645.jpg

I use a plan with 5 gigabytes of data.

I received new data on the 21st of this month and checked the data for the first time today.

But my data is shown this way. I usually leave data every month. This is the first time this has happened. 

I heard that a message came when the data was exceeded, but it didn't come to me.

Hey @SarangLee

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to this thread as it is about the same topic.

We'll post an update when it's resolved Smiley

Don't hesitate if anything in the meantime.

Diyanieseb
I'm a participant level 1

I cannot see my data usage! 
it says that i made a change in my cycle but I haven't! Please help

Hey @Diyanieseb

Do you know if your billing cycle is resetting soon? Changes on your account would usually trigger a transaction email confirmation. Have you received an email about any changes lately? 

You can also reach out to our customer support team here to review these details. Otherwise we can send you a PM from here. Let us know which you'd prefer! 

Hwr778
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Not that I am holding my breath, but seeing as how this somewhat critical monitoring tool for usage/overage has been down for quite a while, will there be any goodwill from Fido for inadvertant overages? (yes, I am trying to stifle my laughter as I type this).

Hey @Hwr778,

We know that it is incredibly important to have access to tracking your data usage and we are working on getting this up and running as fast as we can. 

In the meantime, you will be able to track your usage by dialing *3337 on your Fido phone and by accessing My Account through Fido.ca. 

Hwr778
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

Neither option is providing any information besides "we are unable to complete your request..."

More of the same, less info, less support.  Welcome to the New Fido ...

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Hwr778!

Have you made any changes to your plan recently? If so, that could be why usage is not displayed.

In terms of the app, can you confirm that you have the latest version please?

Let us know!

VinHuk

I am having this issue after each and every update. I have iphone7 with ios 12.2

As soon as you update, it gives a message there is a technical problem and fido is working on it. Please if you can’t fix the bug don’t update.

the mods know and understand there is a problem but just ask silly questions to buy time. Just tell us when the issue will be fixed and thats all.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hello @VinHuk

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I moved your post to this thread since it's related to the same topic. It's a known issue and we'll update everyone once there's a fix.

Hope this clarifies, and let us know if you have any questions.

anneomondi

My plan comes with 1gb of data. I was trying to see how much I had left all week last week and it wasn’t working because it said changes had been made to my plan. Flashforward to today, when I finally can check and it shows 1.93gb of usage, but no red indication that I’ve gone over my limit.

Will I be charged for this?

It just doesn’t make sense to me because 1. Data overage is supposed to be blocked at $50 2. I usually receive notifications saying when I’m at 90% and 100% of my data, which I didn’t 3. I literally had no way of checking how much data I’d used, and had no idea I had gone over.

anneomondi

To be honest I’m not even sure if that number is accurate because it seems very high considering what I’ve been doing. Can someone from Fido please help me?

Hey @anneomondi,

I've moved your post to this existing thread since it covers the same subject.

I can certainly understand the confusion in regards to your usage and I'll be happy to help with it.

I'll need to access your account to verify a few things, so I'll send you a PM here on the Community shortly.

See you there Smiley

Jerome1983

Hello! Just wondering how long it will b until they fix the fido app. I can not c my real time data usage. I cant c it either on the internet site and fido told me to call *3337 and that doesnt work either soon it will b a week! And im realy getting frustrated . How long does it take to fix a problem!???? 

Hey @Jerome1983

I moved your post to this thread since it's related to the same topic.

It's a known situation and our support team are working to get this fixed ASAP.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DeeMundy69,

We'll need a few more details to look into this.

Can you confirm what exactly you see on the app for the usage?

Are you seeing an error message and if yes, which? Does the app display only the data used but not the data included?

DeeMundy69

Can you send me an email address I can send you attachments too? Easier to show you then a long explanation 

@DeeMundy69

We don't have a specific email address that you can send that to. However, you can put your screenshot on this thread. 

It's definitely easier to understand once when we have an image of what's going on. 

Let me know.

DeeMundy69

67F414EA-9778-4B03-9ECF-AFF0BEEBBE0E.png

F9279384-BC26-4FF8-ACF0-8CA7B9689C2D.png

@DeeMundy69 

Thank you for the screenshots. We're aware of the situation and are working on a fix as we speak.

Meanwhile, if you need any information about your usage, you can reach us through our channels here.

Once we get more news about the situation, we will update this thread.