Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Charged after using the Fido App

aznpoo
I'm a participant level 3

Morning,

I used the Fido App on Aug 14 for a transaction of 150$. Contacted fido, and they said they only received 150$ but it clearly states on my bank statement that it was charged twice until 2 separate transaction that I did not authorized. Contacted Fido, they told me to contact my bank...the bank told me to contact fido. How do I get my 150$ back?

9 REPLIES 9

Brendan85
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This has happened 3/4 times now and just last week happened again which has affected my credit. I have called multiple times and wasted many days on hold or getting transferred or disconnected. This has been happening for over 3 years 

Hey @Brendan85, Alex here. 

I'm really sorry to hear about this, that definitely should not happen. If your credit was affected, please get in touch with our credit operations team so that they can rectify this error. 

You can call them at *732 from your Fido phone or use the live chat on our website

saraoli_7
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

The exact same thing happened to me and so far they haven't solved it! I wonder if anyone else went through it, how did it go?

Hello @saraoli_7

We replied to your other post and we sent you a PM. 

Hope to hear from you soon! 

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @aznpoo,

Rest assured that this is certainly not the experience we want for our customers to have to go back and forth. 

To ensure we get to the bottom of this for you, could you clarify if you received a confirmation message when you processed the payment through the app? 

Also, can you see on your Fido account a negative balance of 150? That would mean we did receive the payment and we could issue a refund. Since you mention that you made the payment on August 14th, it's possible that we haven't received the 2 payments yet since it can take up to 5 business days when you use online banking to pay for your invoice. 

Let the Community know! In case you need immediate assistance, you can reach out on Social Media

aznpoo

Hello FidoFrancois,

I only made 1 payment however it was taken from my bank account twice but I was only credited for one of the payment. I have called the bank and they said this is a fido problem and when I called fido, they said this is a banking issue. 

@aznpoo

Let's take a look at your account together to see what happened.

I'm sending you a PM now. Talk to you soon.

aznpoo

This is due to a processing error. Fido has since returned my money, but I will most likely switch to a different carrier to prevent this from happening again

I've replied to your PM!