Customer service rep mentioned Fido was having issues with application. Suggested I delete and download application. And if that does not work to create a new contact with different email address. Have tried multiple times by deleting and loading new app and creating new email address and still nothing
works. Want Fido to credit me extra data as a result of their inability to maintain customer access to what I am eligible for through my plan.
Instead of making the customers continually jump through hoops to see if any scripted remedies work. In the meanwhile instead of penalizing other and I customers should be given bytes as a gesture of good will.
I've download the most recent app and it still isn't fixing the problem!
i haven't been able to access my "free" data bytes since probably November/December. The banner has disappeared from the app. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, I've tried updates, I've tried logging in as a new subscriber, and it always reverts back to me not seeing the banner. This is SUPER frustrating. These hours aren't "free" I pay a monthly fee which ultimately pays for them. And not being able to access them isn't right.
I am having the same problem too. The rep on the phone sent me instructions on how to access Data Bytes, but it says I must be logged in under phone number, not email address. The thing is, I could not setup my account without first the phone number then an email address (as a subscriber account), and my email address automatically becomes the username.
I'm having an issue activating Data Bytes on my iPhone 6s. I don't see the banner, and shaking the phone for three seconds doesn't show a banner or allow me to activate it. I have the "Fido Pulse 1+1GB - BYOP" plan. I've never been able to use data bytes. Here are the troubleshooting steps I've tried:
- texting "pulse" to 222 (it replied and says I have the pulse plan)
- log into fido.ca and check my plan (says I have the pulse plan with the "+5 hours of data" icon)
- checking my data usage daily (have not gone over it, no overages)
- checked if my billing was set up correctly (no overdue payments, auto withdrawal)
- update the app (went to the app store and searched for Fido, says there is no update.) The app version is "4.6.3 (3)"
- update iOS (currently I am on iOS 13.4)
- restarting my phone many times
- force quit the app and re-login
- disable and re-enable data
- log into Fido while on data
- logging into the app while at different locations (e.g. in Quebec)
- running speed test and network check (both say it is ok)
How would I be able to activate data bytes (unlimited data for five hours?)
We have received a memo from our tech team referring to that issue. They are aware that the banner isn't displayed and are working on a fix at the moment. We do not have an ETA as to when we'll have a resolution regarding this.
With that said, our apologies for the inconvenience! I do recommend to have automatic updates enabled (if it isn't already) to receive the latest update when it becomes available.
Data Bytes banner not available for me either. I switch from Public Mobile to Fido for better servcie and customer service etc as Public mobile has no telephone support, hence where they are cheaper. But so far, no difference here other than I pay an extra 30/mth more. And this expereicne has been very horrible. Spend over an hour or more tryng to get help with Data Bytes banner issue but also going around and around in circles. Maybe time crawl back to Public mobile.