cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Byte not working

birdieman
I'm a contributor level 1

Every time trying to use the Data byte, it said Sorry Something Went Wrong on my iPhone. The Fido apps is updated and my iOS is also updated. Very frustrating.

7 REPLIES 7

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @birdieman

I'm sad to see you're having difficulties with this feature. Can you confirm if you've disabled your Wi-Fi connection prior to attempting a Data Bytes session? 

Data Bytes will not work if you're connected to Wi-Fi. You can check out more information on troubleshooting this feature here

I hope this helps! Let us know if it works for you. Smiley 

birdieman

Unfortunately your generic answer is totally irrelevant. It seems the Data Bytes on the iOS App is broken as it took me 40 minutes Live chat today to find out.

Hey @birdieman

I understand how important it is for you to use your data bytes.

Can you try to reinstall the app and let me know if you get the same result?

eduardo_ibarra

It seems to be a much larger issue. I’m getting the same issue on my iPhone XS on iOS 12.2. Updating to iOS 12.2 might have caused the problem, was working fine previously on iOS 12.1.4.

Hey @eduardo_ibarra! We're aware that some customers are currently unable to use Data Bytes. A fix should be implemented tomorrow with a new app update. Please let us know when you have it and if the issue persists. 

Mishnha
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there, when you say it doesn't work connected to wifi, so you we have turn our data on to use data bytes?

Hey @Mishnha,

That's right, your Cellular Data needs to be ON in the Settings of your device in order to be able to initiate a Data Bytes session. Check out all the details here.

Let us know if you have other questions Smiley