Data Bytes banner not visible

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Data Bytes banner not visible

I am a 20 year Fido customer. I recently decided to try Data Bytes. Surprised that My Account does not have anyway to access it. I was told to uninstall. Unable to do that either, no uninstall button for the app. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Data Bytes banner not visible

Hi everyone!

Just letting you all know that app version 4.7 has been released. It’s on a staggered rollout though, so you should all have it by the end of the week. 

Here's what should be fixed:

• Missing Data Bytes banner
  • Having to login each time you open it

Thank you all for your patience!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 68
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Customer service rep mentioned Fido was having issues with application. Suggested I delete and download application. And if that does not work to create a new contact with different email address. Have tried multiple times by deleting and loading new app and creating new email address and still nothing 

works. Want Fido to credit me extra data as a result of their inability to maintain customer access to what I am eligible for through my plan.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 68
Highlighted

Hey folks!

We're currently aware that as of the latest update some of you are unable to see the Data Bytes banner. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and you can follow this workaround in the meantime to implement a fix:

• If your account has multiple lines, each user can create their own subscriber profile. Meaning that each user, will have their own username (email) to access their own line
    • If it’s a single line account, the account holder can create another subscriber profile using a different email address.
  • Once logged in as a subscriber, you should be able to initiate a Data Bytes session.

Please note that for IOS users, this workaround may not always work. If so, please let us know as we are working to find a solution.

Hope this helps

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 68
Highlighted

Re: Not able to access free data even after downloading multiple times

Hey @Nunn Smiley

I've moved your post here, @FidoSaad's solution above should help out!

Keep us posted.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 68
Highlighted

"Please note that for IOS users, this workaround may not always work. If so, please let us know as we are working to find a solution".

""Workaround may not work". Then Fido already knows it does not work. What is Fido prepared to do for IOS customers where nothing works.? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 68
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3

I’ve tried the work around....still nothing.

I really don’t understand how this function hasn’t been fixed! “Data when you need it most”...I think Fido has sincerely let me down here!

what now Fido?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 68
Highlighted

Hey @Nunn and @Gwilkins!

This is something our teams are working on, and we do hope to have a solution soon!

In the meantime, when you tried the workaround, did you make sure to register as subscribers for the specific number and not account holder?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 68
Highlighted

Hi! Yes, I signed in under newly created Subscriber credentials.

glad it’s on your radar.

please keep us posted on a solution.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 68
Highlighted

Will do! We'll update everyone once we have some updates to share.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 68
Highlighted

Re: Not able to access free data even after downloading multiple times

Instead of making the customers continually jump through hoops to see if any scripted remedies work. In the meanwhile instead of penalizing other and I customers should be given bytes as a gesture of good will. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 68
Highlighted
Solution

Hi everyone!

Just letting you all know that app version 4.7 has been released. It’s on a staggered rollout though, so you should all have it by the end of the week. 

Here's what should be fixed:

• Missing Data Bytes banner
  • Having to login each time you open it

Thank you all for your patience!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 68