Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 OtterCaller

Hi FidoPierre,

I'm running on Android 7.0 with the latest update.

But did someone figure out what is going on with this issue? It seems to be there for a while. I mean, first message from ‎05-17-2017 and other threads talking about the same problem. The only answers almost so far were "thanks, we'll PM you". So my question is, could someone tell us what the issue is and what is your plan to fix it?

Except for FidoAllyson who replied "We received the information that a new update should start rolling out at the end of the month and it will address the SMS issue." What update? On your server side? Or an Android update? Is it really supposed to fix the issue? Do you know what was wrong?

Thanks,

Alban

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 71 of 229
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @OtterCaller!

We'll be receiving the update from LG. The update will help minimize the occurrences of missing text messages. I unfortunately don't have any more info than this.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 72 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Xjosejalapenox

I just started having this issue appariantly a week ago ppl sending me screenshots of sending me messages and im not recieving them.. It happens with certain people the most n others once in awhile... Any way to fix this?

Im also using the LG G5

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 73 of 229
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Welcome to the Community @Xjosejalapenox

An update is on its way to help with this issue. We're still waiting on the exact date it will start rolling out but it shouldn't be much longer.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 74 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Birds138
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I am in the same boat. Really disrupting my life. I just got my phone 2 weeks ago and our local kiosk closed 1 week ago leaving me high and dry. Can walmart help? I hear they have fido as well.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 75 of 229

Hey @Birds138!

Are you using the LG G5?

If so, then I have some good news as well as an update for everyone else Very_Happy

LG has begun to roll out the update to the default messaging app! Once the app is updated then you will no longer experience delayed or missing texts Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 76 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Birds138

That is wonderful news!  Can you please let me know when the fix has been completed?  Thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 77 of 229

You will know by checking the version of your text messaging app, if you have automatic updates on, then it will update on it's own. If not, then you will have to manually check.

The update will roll out gradually, but the application version with the fix included is 5.30.47.2

Once you're on that version then it'll be good to go! Very_Happy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 78 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Diane908

Hi Alyson (Fido Moderator) ... I've patiently waited for the promised update that was supposed to roll out at the end of September but nothing has happened. I am still not receiving all texts and this is extremely problematic.

Please let all of us on this forum know when this issue is going to be resolved. Fido is not keeping their side of the contract and we want to see a resolution or compensation.

Looking forward to an acceptable response.

Diane

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 79 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Diane908

I am currently running version 5.30.47.2 and still not receiving some texts. Please advise.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 80 of 229