Hi, I'v got a problem that I just can't send text message or international text message, but can receive since Nov 25, 2012.
And it works well before the date.
I'v checked every settings on my phone.
-I can send myself;
-Enough signal (full)
-the text messaging center number is: +1-514-993-1123/
-I don't understand what does "a text messaging block in your account" mean. Am I blocked to send text message?! Why?
I didn't changed anything just can't send text message.
***Edited to add labels***
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi there Michael1981,
I'm not sure what you mean by "I can send myself"
Do you mean you can send texts to yourself? If that's the case than maybe the person you are texting simply can't receive,
The text center number is indeed +1 514 993 1123
A text messaging 'block' is a restriction in your account or phone that would prevent you from sendng a text message.
Yeah, I can send text message to myself.
And, I'm very sure that the text center number is: +1 514 993 1123.
I can send a international text message but without report, just "pending". And before the date Nov 20, my friends can receive my message. But after Nov 21, none.
Thanks for your reply
I experienced similar problem of not be able to send international text message to Switzerland. Here is the background:
1. I confirmed that in my phone the text center number is indeed +1 514 993 1123
2. I confirmed I can send/receive text messages within Canada.
3. I confirmed I can send/receive text messages to a Fido number travelled in the USA
4. I was told my account has no restriction for international texting
5. I am able to receive text message from target mobile number in Switzerland
6. I am able to make a voice call to the target number in Switzerland using the correct dialing sequence (ie. 011 41 7 …..)
7. Fido has refresh my account
8. I removed the battery and SIM card, and re-insert them back to reboot the phone
9. The receiver in Switzerland has regularly gotten other text messages from Toronto
10. BUT, I am unable to send text messages, from Calgary, to the receiving number in Switzerland using the same dialing sequence; the receiver never got my text messages!
Hello jng_2 and welcome to the Fido community
Text messages can be sent to a majority of mobile networks in Canada around the world as long as the recipient's provider allows incoming text messages.
I would need more details in order to help you. I see that you mentionned trying to send a text message to a target number in Switzerland. Is it the only number from there that you tried sending a text message to?
Also, are you getting an error message on your phone when trying to send your message to that target number?
Let me know.