Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Hey @parkex!

In these cases, we do suggest testing it out for a day or so to see if the problem is resolved. If it's not, we'll take it from there!

Can you keep us posted?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 parkex
I'm a Participant Level 3

Yeah It's been 1 week and I still don't receive texts. Unacceptable

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 229

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 229

Hey @parkex

Just to have an idea, can you try to send a text to yourself and let me know if you receive it right away?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 229

@FidoNick

I've done this and it works. Let me be clear here this is an intermittent problem, sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

It is absolutely unacceptable that i spend 1000$ on a phone and 70$ a month for a phone plan and have to wonder if texts are going through or not.

This lack of service has already cost me lost time at work and it is clear that this has been a documented problem at fido for months.

This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. 0/10 for technical and customer service.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 229
Highlighted

@parkex

That's definitely not the experience that we want for our customers.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 51 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Skyegirl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I finally took the advice of another frustrated customer, John, on this thread and downloaded another texting app called Textra and made it my default. As far as i can tell, it is working and is a great, free and easy app. I am still very frustrated with the way Fido and LG have handled this message but I guess all we can do is wait for the fix which should be coming one of these days. From what I hear though, with LG, it could take ages.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 52 of 229
Former Moderator FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Hi @Skyegirl

Glad to hear you found a solution that works! We're still looking into this on our end. We'll keep you posted with any updates!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 53 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Skyegirl
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I hope it is working. I missed a few pictures that were sent to me last week so am a little hesitant to say it's 100% . Why is it that I need to have data on to receive MMS messages? And why do long texts turn into MMS?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 54 of 229

Hey @Skyegirl

Thanks for the update Smiley 

Picture messages require data to go through the network, this is why it needs to be on, please note that it will not use your data though! In terms of the texts, with certain phones when the message is too long it turns it into an MMS , that way it gets sent as one message and not multiple ones.

Hope this helps !

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 55 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 2 Dions
I'm a Contributor Level 2

I have a Samsung S6 i'm using Android Message and i don't receive any text at all, i will if i send a message first but after a while i wont. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SERVER'S!!! CLEARLY THERE IS AN ISSUE, IT'S HAPPENING WITH THE DEFAULT SAMSUNG APP ALSO.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 56 of 229
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Hi @Dions!

Thanks for the details!  Do you have the Enhanced features enabled on the messaging app? (Open Android messages, hit the 3 dots, then Settings, then Advanced).

If yes, are you connected to a Wi-Fi network when you try to receive those text messages?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 57 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 2 Dions
I'm a Contributor Level 2

Enable enhances features " Use data for messaging when available" is on but i'm on the LTE. so far the samsung default messaging app works so i'm not sure if it's just android, but the same issue happened before and apparently Roger/Fido messaging server were the cause.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 58 of 229
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Just to make sure we're on the same page, which application is considered as Samsung default messaging app?

Is it Android Messages (labeled Messages on your phone)?  Are you currently able to receive a text message using the Messages app?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 59 of 229
I'm Helpful Level 1
I'm Helpful Level 1

Hi ParkEx

have you tried using a different messaging app instead of the stock default one?

Although, you have an S8 and This thread started with an LG G5, it may simply be an Android-related OS issue. I replaced the stock app with Textra and TA-DA:smileyvery-happy: all texts in and out world flawlessly! 

Seemed to also help another user on this forum although she had a G5 too. 

Give it a shot. Can't hurt. Better than waiting for Fido and you'll know within 30 seconds if it works. 

Cheers! 

An X-ParkEx-er. Wink

Click here

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 60 of 229