Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Dimo
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Why do all you FIDO administrators continue to spread this lie. The version upgrade you mentioned has not fixed this problem for anyone. There isn't a single person on this thread for whom it has solved the problem, and everyone continues to tell you it doesn't make a difference....and yet you still spew the same story out,. Please stop. 

Replace the default messaging app. Takes 2 minutes, fixes the problem permanently.

Just ignore the FIDO admins on this thread and read post #117. Problem solved.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 151 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 hhjessy

Random missing texts

Hey there, 

I have a LG G5 random missing texts for a year. Recently it getting worse. Can anyone help to fix? 

Thanks,

Jessy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 152 of 229

Re: Random missing texts

Hey @hhjessy

Welcome to the Community!

We'd need a bit more info on this. What do you mean by missing texts exactly, there are texts messages that you never receive?

You can also have a look at the solution of this thread to see if it helps! Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 153 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 hhjessy

Re: Random missing texts

Thank you Charles! 

Have checked the default message version and read all these posts before post the question. 

I have downloaded another message app. I will see if this will fix the random missing friends' texts which sent to me but the messages don't show up on my phone at all.

Thanks, 

Jessy

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 154 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 brenda18

I have this version of the messaging app and i am still having problems receiving texts and i just got this phone in Dec 2017

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 155 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 brenda18

not true this problem is not resolved. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 156 of 229

Hey brenda18! 

What version of the default messgaing app are you running on your device?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 157 of 229
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Solution

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 158 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 LauraT1987
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I'm not getting half my texts messages. It doesn't matter where i am or who it is coming from. Everything is turned on. Its a brand new phone, new Phone number, new SIM card. Same issue

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 159 of 229
Former Moderator FidoMaria
Former Moderator

Hi @LauraT1987& welcome to the Community!

What's the model of the phone that you're using, and if you send yourself a text message are you able to receive it?

Let me know. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 160 of 229