Returned Payment - disagree

I'm a Participant Level 1 worldomonation
I'm a Participant Level 1

Returned Payment - disagree

Hello,

I recently received a returned payment charge on my bill.

There were 5 attempts by Fido to charge my credit card via pre-authorized payment, yet not once did my e-mail (tied to the account) receive a notification.

I did pay the amount in full upon logging in to my account out of the blue, yet I am still assessed a returned payment charge in addition to late fee.

Given that Fido seems to be going the route of discount carriers while not offering discount rates, I am not even able to call without possibly being dinged $10.

I am requesting the cancellation or refund of the returned payment charge, as I disagree with the way this was done - without notifying the customer.

Accepted Solution

Re: Returned Payment - disagree

Hello Worldomonation,

Welcome to the community!

@worldomonation wrote:..I am not even able to call without possibly being dinged $10....

That new charge is only applicable on certain transactions which can be done by ourselves:

As of May 14th 2019, when a customer service representative performs a transaction on your behalf a small fee is applied for select transactions available on Fido MyAccount self-serve.

Transactions performed over the phone, via live chat, or social media support may be affected.

Impacted transactions:

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Changing billing language
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display
  • Changing billing address

~ Taken from here.

Disputing a charge is not on that list. You would need to contact customer service in order for them to go over your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending a PM to @FidoSolutions. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. That said, you may get charged if you also ask them to update your method of payment.

The problem with all of the articles and social media reports regarding the charge is that most of them didn't provide full details.

Hope this helps Grinning Face

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
MVP
MVP
Solution

Re: Returned Payment - disagree

Hello Worldomonation,

Welcome to the community!

@worldomonation wrote:..I am not even able to call without possibly being dinged $10....

That new charge is only applicable on certain transactions which can be done by ourselves:

As of May 14th 2019, when a customer service representative performs a transaction on your behalf a small fee is applied for select transactions available on Fido MyAccount self-serve.

Transactions performed over the phone, via live chat, or social media support may be affected.

Impacted transactions:

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Changing billing language
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display
  • Changing billing address

~ Taken from here.

Disputing a charge is not on that list. You would need to contact customer service in order for them to go over your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending a PM to @FidoSolutions. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account. That said, you may get charged if you also ask them to update your method of payment.

The problem with all of the articles and social media reports regarding the charge is that most of them didn't provide full details.

Hope this helps Grinning Face

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2