Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potentially Leaving FIdo

SARALYPOP
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I've been a customer for Fido for many years. I'm wanting to upgrade my phone since the one I have now is a few years old and I have paid it off and am now only paying for data each month. Rogers has a much better deal on the phone that I want to upgrade to (iphone 12 Pro). Is there anyone I can talk to before leaving Fido and making the switch?

3 REPLIES 3

Sri6

Not happy with customer service on mobile bill.

They promised bill credit for 10 months, now  spread one month credit over 2 months. 

Loyal  customer for mobile internet and recently added a mobile line.

Planning to move both mobile and home internet services.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Sri6

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We're sorry to hear that that. Is there anything wrong with the promotion you've received?

Based on our ongoing promotions, I believe that you are referring to the $10 discount for 10 months. Did you perhaps receive your fist invoice with prorated charges and credit?

In that case, the $10 discount will be split as you mentioned in your post. However, that is not to say that you received half the credit, in fact you'll get the full value of the $10 over 10 months. Please note that your first invoice would be the 1st month, and you will still have 9 more months to go. You can also confirm your discounts validity period on the transaction email confirmations we sent to you.

Hope this helps, and let us know if you have any questions.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello SARALYPOP,

Welcome to the community!

I can understand wanting to find the best deal. However, are you aware that the advertised option on the Rogers website is for their Upfront Edge option? That model is a akin to a lease model. Yes, the upfront costs and monthly fees are less costly, however, you don't actually own the phone at the end of the contract. Once the contract has ended, you would be required to return the phone (assuming its in adequate condition) or pay out the balance of the device. Fido does not offer a lease model for obtaining devices.

On the other hand Fido offers their devices using a financed model. At the end of the contract, you do own the phone. It's true that Rogers does also offer a financed option which does not require an upfront cost. However, their monthly fees in that situation are almost double that of Fido's option with upfront costs. Both financed options result in similar total costs for the phone.

The different providers offer different options for providing customers new high-cost devices. When comparing the different offers, it's important to make sure you're comparing similar offers. It's very unlikely that any mobile provider will offer a particular device at a significantly different cost than the other providers. It would be personal preference as to which option (ie financed, tab, lease, etc) suits them best.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers