cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible service leaving fido

Andreia1
I'm a participant level 2

I opened an account for my son did everything on line not to pay the $45 charge. When I went to the fido store to pick up the sim card as I was instructed to do. The manager came out and asked me if they could set up my account.. I said sure as long as I don't pay the $45 fee. He said no problem we will waive it. Now months later im still fighting for that $45 to be credited. Everytime I call they tell me dont worry next month we will credit. I'm tired of the run around. So ill pay the fee even though I dont owe it and I'm cancelling my service. 

6 REPLIES 6

Oleksandra
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

My name is Oleksandra. My family and I became a Fido customer six months ago. We arrived from Ukraine. I've been told that all calls to Ukraine are free of charge. However, my account is suspended because they charged me and my family members who are under my account as well for those calls. After few days of calling and waiting for hours on the line I've been finally told that indeed those call were free. Today, my account is suspended again. After trying reaching them from a different phone number they haven't connected my with supervisor or manager. They told to pay and then they will try to solve my issue but they already told me that was their mistake a week ago. We are Ukraininans who fled from the war and have enough stress in our life.  I don't know what to do. They charge us few thousands dollars. It is horrible service, the fido representative at PAcific Centre was extremely rude when I was there and asked to connect me with customer service. He said it is your problem and not his obligations to help me. You can reach me by email at *************@gmail.com.

Hey @Oleksandra! To help Canadians stay connected to loved ones, Fido is temporarily waiving long-distance and SMS charges to Ukraine.

However, since International long-distance charges are applied in real-time, some customers might reach their Credit Limit Monitoring (CLM) cap and that would suspend their account. Unfortunately, there isn’t an automatic solution for customers incurring charges for calls to Ukraine. Affected CLM customers must call Credit Operations to have this cap lifted so they can continue making calls.

You Can reach our Credit Operations team by dialing *732 from your Fido phone or 1-888-288-2106.

You can also reach them via Live Chat.

Their hours of operation are as follows:

Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. – midnight (ET)

Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. (ET).

We hope this helps. 

Hello Oleksandra,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear your of your situation and that your account was suspended. If you are just newly arrived to Canada, it's possible your account has credit limit monitoring. As far as I am aware, I understand Fido is currently waiving charges for calls to the Ukraine. However, they are not technically free. To be clear, I am not suggesting you may need to pay for those calls (if they are indeed waiving those charges). Rather, the system might not waive those fees until the end of your billing cycle. If that is the case, the accumulated charges could have exceeded the credit limit for your account and applied the suspension before the system could waive the fees.

Unfortunately, Fido does not offer customer services via email. You should note this forum is community-driven and not intend as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to your account. If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service . In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Oleksandra, welcome to Canada. It's terrible what's happening in your home country and I, for one, am happy that you and your family are safe(r) here. I'm sorry that Fido has not been as sympathetic, but this is the nature of Canada's infamous telecom companies.

The good news is that you have rights. The CRTC regulates Fido and publishes a Wireless Code explaining your rights: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/codes-stats-and-reports/wireless-code/

Fido must be clear and upfront about charges and the terms and conditions of any promotions - like free calling to Ukraine - so you are not surprised when you receive your bill. Fido must resolve this matter to your satisfaction, and they must resolve any ambiguities and contradictions in a manner that benefits you.

If they do not, it is your right to escalate your complaint to the CRTC who can compel Fido to resolve the matter. I'm happy to assist you if you need help.

Again, welcome to Canada, and I'm happy that you and your family are safe.

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Andreia1! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience. That's certainly not the way we want you to feel!

We'll be happy to check that out with. To get started, please reach out to us on these channels so we can review the situation together.

Andreia1

Everytime I call i get told next month you will get your credit. Since sept! Now they tell me Dec oh and they charged me late fees because I didn't pay the $45 last month because I was told by their agent I would get the credit in Nov. ðŸ˜¤