cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Fido after contract is up

soongone
I'm a participant level 3

I have recently been informed that I will be charged to call and make a payment on my account.  That is probably one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.  You can even get dinged in Live Chat.  It is not safe to communicate with Fido anymore due to the recent changes meant to gouge customers.  Whoever made this decision is an i.d.i.o.t. and it will be reflected in how many customers Fido loses in the next 12 months.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @soongone

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your feedback about these changes. The fee only applies to a select list of transactions that are available through our self-serve options and can be completed easily on your end. 

For example, we offer a few ways to pay your bill. You can check out all the different ways on how to get this done right from here. Smiley 

soongone

Thanks for the copy/paste canned answer.  You guys charge people who call you to give you money.  Let that sink in a bit, do you not get it?  I pay online always, it isn't an issue for me unless I am in a remote area.  There are times I am way back in the woods where there is zero internet.  I either absorb a late fee for paying my bill or pay you guys $10 for the privilege of giving you my money.  Curious to see what canned response Fido has for that.

Hello Soongone,

People really need to verify their facts. That new charge is only applicable on certain transactions which can be done by ourselves:

As of May 14th 2019, when a customer service representative performs a transaction on your behalf a small fee is applied for select transactions available on Fido MyAccount self-serve.

Transactions performed over the phone, via live chat, or social media support may be affected.

Impacted transactions:

• Making a payment
  • Updating method of payment
  • Updated contact information (email, phone)
  • Changing billing language
  • Resetting Voice Messaging password
  • Changing Name Display for Call Display

~ Taken from here.

As noted in the link provided by FidoPierre, you can make payment through their self-serve Interactive voice response system.

The problem with all of the articles and social media reports regarding the charge is that most of them didn't provide full details.

Hope this helps Grinning Face

Cheers