Fido Roam charge question

I'm a Participant Level 2 a_mori78
I'm a Participant Level 2

Fido Roam charge question

My phone is roaming  but I have not used text data or calling. Do I still get charged the daily roaming fee? If I do not use it? 

Accepted Solution

Re: Fido Roam charge question

Hey @a_mori78!

FidoRoam charges only apply if you use your service, texting/calling/data, while roaming. If you do not use any of your services, then you will not incur any charges for FidoRoam. 

One thing that is important to remember is that, if you do not intend to use data while roaming, you need to ensure that you leave your data roaming set to off under your devices network settings. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @a_mori78!

FidoRoam charges only apply if you use your service, texting/calling/data, while roaming. If you do not use any of your services, then you will not incur any charges for FidoRoam. 

One thing that is important to remember is that, if you do not intend to use data while roaming, you need to ensure that you leave your data roaming set to off under your devices network settings. 

Hope this helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 1 JT2128
I'm a Participant Level 1

I turn off the roaming already but eventually I was charged $7 US roaming.  does anyone know why?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 8

Hey @JT2128!

I've moved your post here as it deals with a similar topic and @FidoAmanda's solution explains what can trigger FidoRoam charges.

If you have further questions, let us know!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 1 joseph5412

just a minute international call costed me 12 dollors i need a answer

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 8
I'm a Participant Level 1 Jessik_liliana

Hi 

Just want to ask my international charges

I went to Mexico ;I  turn off all the data roaming an just use the wiffi ; as i remember I run out once on battery ; pretty sure when it on again  i did the same practice (turns off data again) ,

Still must pay 198.32 CAD ; just because ? (12CaD/ day)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 8

Hey @joseph5412 !

I've moved your post here. It seems you were billed for FidoRoam triggered by the phone call you made. The $12 allows you to use your services as you do in Canada for 24 hours.

Hope that helps!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 8

Hey @Jessik_liliana

Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post here since the topic is similar. As mentioned in the solution to this thread, Fido Roam will kick in for any usage of your services (texting/calling/data).

Did you use any other services during your trip?

And you mentioned turning the Roaming Data off, did you do the same for the Mobile Data?

Let us know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 8