cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra 5 GB for free

WaelOdeh
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I just received a text that gave me 5 GB per month for free. I just want to know when this offer going to end?

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16

Jobnsndhu06
I'm a participant level 2

Hi

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

hi . 

of this about the free data. I first got 1gb free few years ago. 10 gb free for 15 months 1.5 years ago. 5 gb free 6 months ago. may 4th 2023 got 10 gb free. was suppose to get 25 gb for 38$. changed my mind when back to 32$ 16 gb . was mislead to get 25gb for 29.5$ didnot happen dido gave me 40gb for 44$ (1 month) . reverted back to 16gb for 32$ (5$ credit = total 27$)

Hey @Jobnsndhu06!

How can we help you?

Mariadmello4646
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I am kinda skeptical of this offer, if I accept it and after the offer date has passed, Fido might take the Monet for the extra data. Who knows, that's my concern.

Hey, @Mariadmello4646 if Fido gives you an offer for free data or minutes and it's for a set amount of time after the time expires the offer will be removed from your line. It will never stay and then they will charge you.

Scocola

why don't   I receive  this offer?

Hey @Scocola!

This offer is targeted to some of our customers. We usually send you a text message and it's also displayed in your online account if you're eligible.

harjot1

I got a text for 5 GB bones data, and asked me to visit fido.ly/FreeData but when i go to that link its not there, instead its offering me another plan.

anyone knows what to do?

Emgie

I also received the text but it doesn't show where to accept the bonus data. The only offer there is to upgrade to a $75 plan. 

Hey @Emgie

We invite you to reach out to a customer service representative so they can help you with this. Smiley 

Hello @harjot1,

Welcome to the community! 

Did you verify if your current plan now has a 5 GB bonus?

You can also verify in your FidoXTRA history section if the offer is there.

Let us know! 

Zacharydeschamp

Do we get it as soon as we accept the offer or only the month after?

Hey @Zacharydeschamp,

The data bonus will be added immediately upon accepting the offer. That being said, the data bonus will be prorated if the offer is accepted on a day that is not your billing cycle. 

I hope this helps clarify things. Smiley 

Stampeder

Hello Guys,

I need to know, how would I get this extra data of 5GB for free ?

Hey @Stampeder

The offer is provided by MMS only. You can accept the offer only if your Fido number received a text with a link to Fido.ca, inviting you to accept this offer 

FidoAnthony

Hey @WaelOdeh,

Welcome to the community! 

All you need to do is accept this offer before August 31, 2020, and the data bonus will be added to your account. Keep in mind after this date, we won’t be able to add the bonus data.

I hope that clarifies things! 😃