cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$300 Billing Credit

mcorrea
I'm a participant level 2

When I purchased a Fido Connecto,n I was told that Fido offers $300 Billing Credit. Is it a Billing Credit i.e. my connection would be disconnected only when the outstanding amount to pay nears $300 or is it a Credit Limit to purchases of Fido services & products every month, quarter, etc.?

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaira

Hey @mcorrea,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you referring to the credit limit defined on your account after a credit evaluation?

If so, the credit limit monitoring will temporarily suspend your wireless services if the total account balance goes over a predefined dollar amount, in your case $300. It's important to keep a tab on this to prevent any suspension on your account. This applies to all billed and unbilled amounts, be it your monthly services, overages, new service purchase (upgrades) etc.

Let me know if it helps.

mcorrea

Thank you FidoSaira for the explanation. However, if they say it's a credit, why do they apply a penalty when the account balance goes higher by the first bill, the first time I delay to pay? This means the credit that they told I would get was never given or maybe Credit works differently with Fido. I've never been able to use that credit of $300 & I feel I was scammed into taking up Fido.

Hey @mcorrea

To clarify, the credit limit is a preset spending limit that restricts your monthly usage and purchases by temporarily suspending your service if your account balance reaches or exceeds a predefined amount.

This can include your account balance, and any pending / billed and unbilled charges, just like with a credit card, for example.

You can find more info here.

Hope this helps. Smiley

mcorrea

Hi FidoValerie,

Thank you for the reply. If it's a credit, why penalise when a payment is missed? Instead it should add up the missed payments & stop services when it reaches the credit limit of 300 & then penalize when not paid. If a person with an outstanding amount tries to switch without paying, he/she needs to be blacklisted so that they can never get a cellular service till the dues with the previous service provider is fully paid, which should now be swelling each passing day that it remains unpaid.

Thanks,

Milind Correa

Hey there @mcorrea, this not a credit. It's a credit limit or if you prefer, an account limit which suspends your account in order to keep it under that amount due to the result of the credit evaluation. 

We appreciate your feedback on this matter.