cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you reach 24/7 tech support when all lines say office is closed??

dole4150
I'm a contributor level 1

Fido website states there is 24/7 tech support by calling but only getting a message that offices are closed. Am I missing something? If covid changed things why isnt the website updated to reflect what has been going on for months?

Internet

1-888-236-3436

Technical Support:

24/7, 365 days a year

13 REPLIES 13

Benjamin12
I'm a participant level 1

I am having conecction issues

Hey @Benjamin12

Welcome to the community! 

For support please contact us via our support pages here.

Brarharpreets

Hello 

Please can increase my data plan 

Hey @Brarharpreets!  You can contact us through one of our channels and we'll be happy to help you.

babaralichohan

My home internet is connected 

FidoValerie

Hey @dole4150 Very_Happy

I'm sorry to learn that you're having a difficult time reaching the Home Internet Tech Support team.

This department is indeed available 24/7, so you should be able to speak with them by calling in or via Live Chat

When you call in and are asked to enter your account number, make sure to enter your Home Internet account number in order to be redirected to the right department. 

Keep us posted. Smiley

Kungfu010

Live Chat tells me that I am contacting  them outside business  hours .I thought they are available 24/7 ?

anyway I needed a support email address or a secure messaging to tell them that I made an online Bank

transfer in 1st Nov 2021 but uo till the 5th Fido does not show credit on account?

Hello Kungfu010,

Where did you see that Live Chat was available 24/7 for mobile services? As far as I am aware, all of the customer service channels have stated business hours (see Live Chat, Facebook, Twitter, Call Fido). The only venues I can find with 24/7 access are this community forum (see here) and Internet Technical Support. Even so, many of us don't actually work for Fido so we wouldn't be able to provide specific account support.

Fido does not offer customer services via email. If you would like to send them a secure message, you would need to do so via Facebook messaging or Twitter direct messaging (DM). That said, you should note that depending on your payment method, it can take a number of buisness days for the payments to be received by Fido (see here). It would be similar to any payments from financial institution (ie payments towards credit cards). If the credit amount does not show today, I would expect it to be available early next week.

Even if you provided documentation that you made payment via online bank transfer, Fido would not be able to do anything until they actually receive those funds. If the credit amount isn't received by later next week, you might consider contacting your financial institution to see why there might be any delays.

**edit** After reading some of your other posts, you should note tha Live Chat support is not available for pre-paid accounts. In addition, I'm not sure whether Facebook or Twitter support have access to pre-paid accounts either. Fido do have a dedicated pre-paid phone line, though.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

newbie3

It is also next to impossible to get through to live chat. I have tried multiple times in the past two weeks, since i became a fido internet customer. Every time, "Jack" has told me i would be connected to a live agent "soon" and thanked me for my patience. Three times I have waited a full hour, only to be cut off or bumped back to starting over when I typed "hello?" into question box after that length of time.

I've also tried several other times, but not waited as long before I ended the session.

I got thru to fido internet (sales and general advice, not tech support) by phone once only, a few weeks ago, when I signed up for fido internet. I was on hold for a full hour just for that. The agent was not knowledgable about compatibility of other devices with hitron modem and fido internet services, though he did expedite my purchase of fido internet

newbie3

I am trying to get thru to fido live chat and tech service during normal business hours, btw.

I am actually thinking of buying home phone, but have a few questions about it first.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @newbie3!

We'd love to help out and answer all your questions Smiley

Can you let the Community know what you'd like to know about our home phone service?

newbie3

Even more than more info about fido home phone, which I have now researched myself, I'd like to know how to get thru on live chat. Is Jack less busy and quicker to answer on certain days or  times of day? If so, when is best time to chat?

Alternatively, what is best time to call customer support and speak with fido rep?

Some times are busier than others, but this is why Fido provides service through many channels to accommodate customers. As for on chat, did you select the option to speak to a rep? (You can type ''chat with a rep'' to connect to agent). You can send us a private message on Facebook or twitter as well.

Did you check this page about all the details regarding Fido Home Phone?