How do you reach 24/7 tech support when all lines say office is closed??

Highlighted
I'm a Contributor Level 1

How do you reach 24/7 tech support when all lines say office is closed??

Fido website states there is 24/7 tech support by calling but only getting a message that offices are closed. Am I missing something? If covid changed things why isnt the website updated to reflect what has been going on for months?

Internet

1-888-236-3436

Technical Support:

24/7, 365 days a year

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you reach 24/7 tech support when all lines say office is closed

Hey @dole4150 Very_Happy

I'm sorry to learn that you're having a difficult time reaching the Home Internet Tech Support team.

This department is indeed available 24/7, so you should be able to speak with them by calling in or via Live Chat

When you call in and are asked to enter your account number, make sure to enter your Home Internet account number in order to be redirected to the right department. 

Keep us posted. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 7
Highlighted
Solution

Hey @dole4150 Very_Happy

I'm sorry to learn that you're having a difficult time reaching the Home Internet Tech Support team.

This department is indeed available 24/7, so you should be able to speak with them by calling in or via Live Chat

When you call in and are asked to enter your account number, make sure to enter your Home Internet account number in order to be redirected to the right department. 

Keep us posted. Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted

It is also next to impossible to get through to live chat. I have tried multiple times in the past two weeks, since i became a fido internet customer. Every time, "Jack" has told me i would be connected to a live agent "soon" and thanked me for my patience. Three times I have waited a full hour, only to be cut off or bumped back to starting over when I typed "hello?" into question box after that length of time.

I've also tried several other times, but not waited as long before I ended the session.

I got thru to fido internet (sales and general advice, not tech support) by phone once only, a few weeks ago, when I signed up for fido internet. I was on hold for a full hour just for that. The agent was not knowledgable about compatibility of other devices with hitron modem and fido internet services, though he did expedite my purchase of fido internet

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted

I am trying to get thru to fido live chat and tech service during normal business hours, btw.

I am actually thinking of buying home phone, but have a few questions about it first.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 7
Highlighted

Hey @newbie3!

We'd love to help out and answer all your questions Smiley

Can you let the Community know what you'd like to know about our home phone service?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted

Even more than more info about fido home phone, which I have now researched myself, I'd like to know how to get thru on live chat. Is Jack less busy and quicker to answer on certain days or  times of day? If so, when is best time to chat?

Alternatively, what is best time to call customer support and speak with fido rep?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted

Some times are busier than others, but this is why Fido provides service through many channels to accommodate customers. As for on chat, did you select the option to speak to a rep? (You can type ''chat with a rep'' to connect to agent). You can send us a private message on Facebook or twitter as well.

Did you check this page about all the details regarding Fido Home Phone?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 7