Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$150 Amazon Gift Card

jairamp07
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

I set up home internet back in august with the promotion for the $150 amazon gift card and i still have not recieved any emails or instructions on how to obtain the gift card.

222 REPLIES 222

Hey @everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and to share your feedback. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but you can be rest assured that there is no false advertisement on Fido's part. We often have these kind of promotions for our valued customers and they always get what they sign up for. This will be no different! 😊

If you fulfill the promotional gift card's requirements, you are eligible for the offer. We'll just need to take a closer look at your accounts to see what happened though. You can reach out to us through these channels for help. If you want, we can also send you a private message on the Community.

scorp1982

I got the exact same issue.  Got 150 mbps internet early September with $150 amazon card promo.  Was told 4-6 weeks. Already called 3 times and had escalation ticket opened and I got ZERO progress.

What kind of customer service is this? Seems only care about people signing up...

Hey everyone!

We're sad to read that you have no yet received your gift card. If you have signed up with an eligible package within the promotional period and have met all the criteria, there's no reason for you to not get the card albeit a slight delay. We do apologize for this inconvenience.

You can reach out to us through these channels and we'd be happy to investigate this further with you.

shadhzamanint
I'm a participant level 3

@FidoSaira 
We have. Most of us at least. Every time we do, the reply tells us to wait a few more weeks. "Slight" is a gross under representation since most of us have went through our second bill already and have waited almost twice the "expected" period. When "within" becomes "after" and "after" becomes "more" and then goes on repeat for most people, this is falling well within deceptive practices. Some businesses will make gift redemption possible only after long periods three months even, but that is clearly advertised. Given the amount of people it is happening to, it doesn't sound like something that happened overnight and nobody was aware of it until then, so none of us here have any mind to give Fido the benefit of the doubt in good faith. Rest assured, we'll make sure people hear about it. 

Hello @shadzamanint and @m3power,

Have you gotten the registration e-mail yet? 

-FidoAnthonyZ

shadhzamanint

No I have not. And yes I have checked my spam folder. And no, I am not okay with repeatedly getting asked to wait 2-3 more weeks through these generic replies. 

Enough is enough. 

Hey @shadhzamanint

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together! 

Johngong
I'm a participant level 2

Please also PM me with the details so we can get this sorted out asap. Thanks.

m3power

no i have not 

Hey @m3power,

That's odd. We can definitely look over your account in order to see what is going on.

To get started, simply reach out to us on the channel of your choice. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Let us know! 😃

m3power

I'm sorry but you want be to reach out for the 3rd time for what exactly?? the first time and the 2nd time which got escalated were not enough to look into it?? this is unacceptable.  i will give you guys one more week before i take a different approach and look at different avenues.

Hey @m3power! I totally understand your frustration there. You have been waiting quite a while for this. However, in order to see what's up, we'd have to take a look at your account directly, which requires us to chat directly or in private.

I'll be happy to do so via PM with you here, if you wish. Smiley

m3power

add me to the list of wait upto 6 weeks. then,  oh we will escalate, then oh it may take another 6 weeks etc... and apparently no one has gotten this gift card. everyone getting the same run around.  

MaRoe

Similar circumstances here, it's been 9 weeks (activated on Sept 3rd). This is absolutely unacceptable. 

Hey @DiMarx

When did you actually start using the internet? Was it at the same time as activating or was it after that?

Hey @scorp1982

Welcome to the community!

I assure you that's really not the impression that we want you to have nor the experience we want to provide. It's important to us that all our customers are able to receive their promotions and we're working hard on being able to deliver them.

You should receive the registration email within 3 weeks after the escalation was sent. If you're past the 3 weeks delays already, please contact us so we can further look into it or let us know here and we can also send you a PM here on the community. 

Im adding to this thread too, it's been 7 weeks and I still didn't get neither a registration email nor the card itself, I called fido and they said it's going to be sent by email and I didn't receive any. That's called deceiving and false advertising, if I'm not receiving my card in a week, Im going to cancel fido service and move to Chatr! @FidoClaudia @FidoValerie 

Tamnelia

Exact same scenario. Signed up beginning of Sept under this promotion. No email in spam for the 150$ giftcard.

shadhzamanint

Same
I signed up and activated pretty early in September. Was initially told it will be within 6 weeks.
Close to the 6 weeks, was told there would be some delay so a bit later than that
After the 7th week, was told it would be 3 more weeks. I asked for a credit instead, was denied.
Pretty sure after this it will be 2-3 more weeks till infinity. Worst part is, you can't really get headway in your BBB case even if this is a violation of business practices, because they know the right keywords (unfortunate deleays, etc) , but I sure as hell am going to keep on trying. I suggest others to do the same

ct0803

hello I am in the exact same situation. I signed up in September 2020 and have not received my card. I have been advised to check in 24-48 hours, nothing. Then "check back in 6 weeks". I feel falsely advertised and I will be sure to let others know about my experiences if this is not resolved.  

Hey @ct0803 !

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

I totally understand that you wish to get your gift card as soon as possible! 

Don't worry, we'll make sure you get the offer you signed up for.

When were you told about the 6 week delay?