Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$150 Amazon Gift Card

jairamp07
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, 

I set up home internet back in august with the promotion for the $150 amazon gift card and i still have not recieved any emails or instructions on how to obtain the gift card.

222 REPLIES 222

john80

Hello I am also having this problem signed up sept 8th.  Hope a MOD would be able to PM me and help get this resolved. Thanks!

Hey @john80

I'll send you a PM shortly so we can look into this with you. Talk soon!

Squidge

Please also add me to the growing list. I signed up on September 9th and was told 6 weeks. Called and told it would be emailed but have seen nothing. This is obiviously not an isolated issue. Please sort this out. It absolutely demoralizes customers when a company doesn't deliver on their promises.

Hey @Squidge

Welcome to the Community!

We're definitely aware about this situation and how it's impacting our customers. We do apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. That said, you can be rest assured that we're working on getting all eligible customers their gift cards as soon as possible. 

I have replied to your PM though. We'll continue with you there. 😊

pmaitri32

Hello,

I signed up for account on September 6, 2020. I have not gotten my card either, talked to chat twice and keep getting the run around. It is frustrating.

Hey @pmaitri32,

We hear you and we want to assure you that we'll do our best to help you right here. If you've signed up with an eligible package, you certainly qualify for offer albeit a small delay.

Can you confirm on which scenario you currently stand at as per the solution provided by @FidoNick?

Silver41

I haven't received mine either. A bunch of people on another forum are filing complaints with the CCTS. https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

Shuklapenny
I'm a participant level 3

I am adding to this thread as well, tried calling fido today waited for almost 40-45 minutes than they disconnected with an automated message, its been 6 weeks, false advertising, and same monotonous response to everybodys post, Another question for fido are you going to further compensate us for not keeping your promise and wasting our time.

Hey @Shuklapenny! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm saddedned to read about your experience. Were you able to communicate with us successfully yet?

If not, I'll be happy to help you with this directly, if you wish. Just ask us to send you a PM.

Shuklapenny

Hi @FidoPhilippe , I was able connect with one of the reps and waiting for email to redeem my gift card, she said after I will get the email it will be another 4 weeks.  I was supposed to receive it by yesterday but still didn't get it

Hey @Shuklapenny,

Thank you for the details. Just so I understand you well, you still haven't received the email invitation to register for the gift card?

Has it been over 4 weeks to the date and you have checked your junk email folder as well?

Shuklapenny

No I haven't  received email invitation to register for gift card. 

Its been more than 6 weeks to the date of connection and I checked my junk folder.

Just an observation, for a company as big as fido, you have a terrible system in place, even after complaining, I thought,

finally I will receive an email but nothing till date and after the email i have to wait another 4 weeks

I hope you fulfill your present commitments to your existing customers before you run any new upcoming promotions. 

Hey @Shuklapenny,

That's definitely not the type of experience we want you to have. Rest assured we are doing our best to get everyone their gift cards out as quickly as possible as it's important to us that all our customers are able to take advantage of the promotions we offer.

That said, we'll be happy to look into your account with you.

To get started, simply reach out to us on the channel of your choice. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here if you prefer.

Let us know! 😃

Shuklapenny

Please PM me, it will be convenient for me

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @jairamp07

That promotion is added at the initial set up of your service. You would need to contact us so we can review your account and complete the change if that hasn't been done yet Sad

You can reach out to us at these channels to get started.

Labhi

I haven't received one yet ! Last time I had called them they said it would be an online card. Still, waiting for it to show up on my email. 

Hey @Labhi,

As long as you signed up with an eligible package during the promotional period, you will certainly receive the gift card. Just to confirm, was your internet installed within the 30 says of its activation?

If so, did you check you spam folder to see if you have received the invitation to register for the gift card?

acbergmann

I'm in the same situation.

My internet contract started at the begining of September, 2020. I was supposed to receive $150 amazon gift card, but I still didn't receive it.

Contact the support, they said in 2 weeks I would receive an email, and it never arrived.

And yes, I checked my spam box, it's not there.

SquareCube

Same here. I haven't receieved anything yet. Looks like Fido is committing false advertisement and bad practices. Looks like we should follow up with a class action lawsuit if we don't get it by month's end. Support is useless. These employees continue to say 2, 3 or 4 weeks. Your promotion stated 6 weeks. Just give us the credit already.

rsmith23w2323w4

Same issue here.  Signed up Sept 12th. Almost 12 weeks later, still nothing.  No e-mails, (not stuck in SPAM - I checked), Fido is very prompt at sending bills, and taking payment, but not honouring their end of the agreement.  Seems like false advertising to me.  I have been on hold for 45 minutes.  I'm guessing they don't answer their phones either.  Based on what everyone else is posting, I am guessing that this is standard practice for Fido Customer Service? This can't be legal to bait customers into locking in for a year, then just leave them hanging out to dry.

While on hold, I googled similar companies with dishonest practices:

Is misleading advertising a criminal offence or a civil matter in Canada?

Under the federal Competition Act, general misleading advertising may be pursued by the Competition Bureau as a civil “reviewable practice” (under section 74.01) or as a criminal offence (under section 52).  In this regard, the Bureau has issued guidelines that set out its position as to when it is likely to proceed on a criminal as opposed to a civil track for misleading advertising.

I'm hoping they resolve this in good faith, and that I do not have to pursue legal action to get them to honour their contract.

Hey @rsmith23w2323w4!

The promo is definitely valid and you should have received it by now! I'll send you a PM so we can check things out Smiley

See you there!