Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Kerrbear1
I'm a Participant Level 2

As far as I know it just started happening maybe a month ago. I'm using the messaging app that is built in to my phone. And no it's not specific to certain locations. It happens everywhere!! So frustrating!
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 229
Former Moderator FidoCatherine
Former Moderator

Thanks for clarifying @Kerrbear1

Could you try sending yourself a text message, from your phone, to your own number?

Let me know if you receive the SMS!

Also, I took a few minutes to go over any recent issues we encountered with SMS. From what I saw back in July, certain Fido users who were outside cellular coverage couldn't receive SMS, when they were using Wi-Fi calling. They could still make and receive phone calls as well as send SMS though. 

We've got a team that's still working on fixing this. If that is the case though, you should receive the missing SMS once you move back to an area with cellular coverage. 

Could you also verify if Wi-Fi calling is turned on?

Once it's turned Off, could you try a test and have someone send you an SMS? Smiley

Thanks for checking that out!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 jeasterb
I'm a Participant Level 1

I am glad I found this thread.  I guess I can add one more name to the list of text messages being received sporadically.  For me I think it was mostly from one person, but how can you be sure.  Also on LG G5.  What's up with that!!!

I will try the Textra as noted from another user earlier in the thread.  This is a royal PITA, resorting to emails to confirm texts are being received by me and that the recipiant sent back.  

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 229

Hey @jeasterb,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Let us know how that goes. We're here if anything!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 3 parkex
I'm a Participant Level 3

Galaxy S8, not receving text messages intermittentaly. Quite frustrating. Called fido and they "reset the line" asked if it working now sir? Well how am I supposed to know?

It's ridiculous that i pay 80$ a month for this terrible service. My boss is losing his mind thinking I don't answer his texts. Unacceptable.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 229

Hey @parkex!

In these cases, we do suggest testing it out for a day or so to see if the problem is resolved. If it's not, we'll take it from there!

Can you keep us posted?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 229

Yeah It's been 1 week and I still don't receive texts. Unacceptable

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 229

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 229

Hey @parkex

Just to have an idea, can you try to send a text to yourself and let me know if you receive it right away?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 229

@FidoNick

I've done this and it works. Let me be clear here this is an intermittent problem, sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

It is absolutely unacceptable that i spend 1000$ on a phone and 70$ a month for a phone plan and have to wonder if texts are going through or not.

This lack of service has already cost me lost time at work and it is clear that this has been a documented problem at fido for months.

This is ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous. 0/10 for technical and customer service.
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 229