Not receiving all text messages!

I'm a Participant Level 2 Sarahb87
I'm a Participant Level 2

Not receiving all text messages!

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Not receiving all text messages!

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 229

Hey @Birds138!

The update will roll out slowly to all customers with the LG G5 you should get it within the next few weeks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 91 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Birds138
I'm a Contributor Level 1

I have the update now and it has not improved the situation.  I want a new phone. This is ridiculous!!!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 92 of 229

Hi there @Birds138!

Is it version 5.30.47.2 of the app that you have?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 93 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 AlexPoids

Same goes for me. I've been having this problem since the last 2 weeks and with the app update yesturday, it still hasn't change. I would recommend just going to the app store and getting another messaging app to see if it makes a difference. I just downloaded one this morning and will test it out during the day. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 94 of 229

Yes

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 95 of 229

Thanks @Birds138 . Can you also confirm which App you are currently using to send/receive SMS? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 96 of 229

The default messaging app.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 97 of 229
Former Moderator FidoManuel
Former Moderator

Thanks for confirming @Birds138, is the app you are using called ''messages''?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 98 of 229

It is "Messaging"

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 99 of 229
Highlighted

Hi @Birds138,

PM coming your way. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 100 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 1 rnayyar
I'm a Participant Level 1

I have been missing texts now for about 3 months and just recently realized it when I found out I am losing important messages.  Very stressful and in my case I am losing customers for my business.  Contacted Fido and they walked me through a bunch of steps.  No difference.  They told me about the LG update coming soon.  Reading everyone else's experience with this update, I realize that it hasn't changed anything.  LG is willing to take the phone back but they say they have not even heard of this problem.  Doesn't sound promising.  Fido should resolve this problem asap because I have paid them for both the phone and the service.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 101 of 229
I'm a Legend Level 1
I'm a Legend Level 1

Hello @rnayyar,

Welcome to the community!

The problem is not with your phone, I have a Nexus 6P (Huawei) and a Samsung Galaxy S6 and i've experience the problem on both phones.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 102 of 229
I'm a Participant Level 2 Xjosejalapenox

@FidoAlyson is there any new news about this? Is it out yet?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 103 of 229

Hey @Xjosejalapenox

Can you confirm which version of the App you see when you go through your phone's settings?

Once you pull up the Messaging App in the settings, there should be a section called App Info. The App version should be displayed there. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 104 of 229
I'm a Contributor Level 1 Dimo

I call bullsh*t. I have the update to 5.30.47.2 on the Messaging app. Same problem. 

I've been through the wringer on this. Multiple FIDO support phone calls, multiple message chats, multiple visits to the FIDO store, and just recently got back my phone after it was 'repaired' for the last 2 weeks. Problem still exists. Most, but not all texts being received; rest never make it. Impacts all contacts, from all carriers, from all phones, but randomly.

I have to add I was really frustrated to find this thread, because it means FIDO has known of this issue with this phone for many, many months. Could have saved me all those time-consuming, useless interactions with FIDO for no reason whatsoever. Shame on you FIDO.

Do third party messaging apps solve this problem? If so, what other apps are people using?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 105 of 229