cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages!

Sarahb87
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

230 REPLIES 230

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

i would try different brand android phone aka samung see if u have the texting problem resolved, this could be an lg g5 issue. good luck

Skyegirl
I'm a contributor level 1

I think all of us who gave had this problem would be more than happy  to try a new phone but we're all locked in to contracts! It is obviously an LG issue and no one has taken ownership for this disaster, neither LG or Fido, who still keeps selling unsuspecting customers these phones. We should have all been offered new phones a long time ago...this forum is proof this is an issue that obviously can't be fixed. I contacted Fido shortly after I got my phone in December of 2017! I can't believe it's now the end of July almost and we all are still talking about this 

Hey @Skyegirl

It's never a pleasant situation to experience any kind of technical issues and I definitely get what you're saying, 

It isn't the kind of thing we want and of our customers to have to go through as that is a quite a long time to have this kind of problem. Can you confirm that you've already done the update and using the latest version of the stock messaging App?

efblanch
I'm a participant level 3

I have the stock app and updated version. My contract is up in April and really wondering what to do now.

Nitro8
I'm a participant level 1

Hi, I am also having the same issue of people not receiving my messages, both from Android iPhone. It started happening after the latest update to 7.0

Hey @Nitro8

Welcome to the Community!

I'll send you a PM on here in a moment so we check that out together Smiley

Lilysmart

Since Friday I've noticed I'm not getting all my text messages from people I've never had a problem with before.   It is intermittent but recurring at different times during the day and evening.   It is extremely frustrating.

Hey @Lilysmart and thanks for reaching out.

Did you try to restart your phone to see if you can get a better result?

Also, do you have enough signal where you are located now? 

Let us know.

JohnF1444
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

hello,

Take a few minutes and read thru the other 180 or so posts to this topic. It has been diagnosed and troubleshooted adsausem...going on 2 years and problem still exists!

Save yourself any further greif and frustration.  Just download any 3rd party messaging app off of the Play store.Textra works great and solves this issue for many others.. Fido will just have you jumping through hoops....do this, do that. Nothing works. Not worth your time.  Textra works great. Stock messaging app is buggy.

KateH29

Hi there,

So at the very end of November I decided to leave the world of iPhones and move to android and i got an LG G5. and I also am new to fido, i switched from Rogers.

However, it was discovered in December my phone is not receiving messages. I have made many phone calls for help. done all the possible resets you can and even got a new sim card in store...however, i am still having issues but every time i call in about it i am told my phone is working fine if i receive even just one message...

this is getting very frustrating for me. i work more then one job and if people are unable to get in touch with me its a problem.

can this be fixed...like ASAP.

Hey KateH29!

Welcome to the Community! 

I moved your post here since it's about the same subject.

You can find more information you need about how to correct this above, in the solution. 

Let us know if you have any questions!

Skyegirl

I'm sorry, are you saying, fidoAmanda, that this situation has been resolved?

You are still getting customers saying the opposite and still having issues.

Can you actually say there is a SOLUTION?

You can read my history on here. One unhappy customer. I refuse to waste time and mess around with your app until I stop seeing people having issues.

Hey @Skyegirl!

With the updates we have from LG, text messages should be working as expected with app version 5.30.47.2 which LG rolled out in October.

We do want our customers to have reliable service though, if issues are still being experience we suggest reaching out so we can take a closer look.

JohnF1444
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@FidoNick

I have been in IT and tech support for probably longer than you've been alive...Not saying i'm any brighter, but I know a thing or two because I've seen a thing or two. Cool

Words to live by...

What *should* work and what *does* work are 2 completely different concepts.

Especially when it comes to software. And on a phone to boot! There are sooo many variables, conditions, releases, versions, dozens of competing apps that pinning down an issue is near impossible. And this thread is proof of that!

I have been following this thread for over 2 years now. My wife's brand new LG phone had the same problem experienced by everyone else on this thread. It took me all of 45 minutes to isolate the issue to the native messaging app supplied by LG. How to test my theory? I replaced the stock app and texted my wife. Hasn't failed since! And this same conclusion has helped many others on this thread.

Yes, LG may have supplied a fix but it is clear that it DOES NOT WORK. You and the other MODS have repeated your solution adnauseam to every new poor user. And your suggestion?? Always the same. Tell me, what is the definition of insanity?? Have YOU tried it?? Pretty sure, Fido can supply you with an LG G5 for you to test with. If not, I have one I gladly offer up to the cause. Pretty sure, there are many others as well.

So please, stop. Just stop. Admit defeat on this one. Regardless of what the 'company line' is. You stand a better chance of keeping that customer than losing them altogether.

Another rule to live by: Keep a customer happy, they tell a friend. Keep a customer unhappy and they tell EVERYONE!  IMO, the way FIDO has handled this issue, will cause you to lose each and every one that is forced to endure this BS on a phone and service they pay very good money for.

Chances are, they won't be renewing with Fido and definitely avoid LG altogether the next time around.

Regards,

John

McKimmy

Well said!!!  I am beyond frustrated with the way they reply try this, do that...I have been instore numerous times, all they care about is sales, couldn't find a loaner phone in my city with 5 locations so I could send it off for a repair that obviously has been tried and failed.  Your right about people telling friends about their bad experiences.  Reading this thread and seeing how many people they have made to jump through hoops to try and fix a problem they all should know about and just admit the phone messaging app is a dude!!! 

Thank you @JohnF1444 for this post I am going to try textra!  Sad that a huge company like fido could not just have replaced the darn messaging app.....insanity!

JohnF1444
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

@McKimmyYour very welcome! Give Textra (or any other messaging app) a try and report back.  Pretty sure everyone here would be curious to know your results. Maybe Fido-tech-of-the-week may actually learn something! I solved the issue 2 years ago! They're still troubleshooting and insisting everyone update. Again. and again. and again! Miriam-Webster, 'insanity'...

Fido and LG - after nearly 2 years - should admit defeat on this one and stop wasting everyone's time. I cannot believe I still get alerts on this issue! Wow!...simply. Wow...

Guess who's flushing LG and Fido when our plan is up?? I give you one guess. Just one...Smiley

Cheers!

McKimmy

@JohnF1444

So far so good....been testing all day and I seem to be recieving all of my messages!  What really makes me angry is that this issue has been reported 2 years ago and I just got my phone 5 months ago! 

I will keep you posted! 

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We're here to assist you the best way we can @McKimmy,

That being said, replacing the messaging app is not something we support! We do provide you with the device, but repair and maintenance is provided by the manufacturer.

You can use a third party app as suggested by JohnF1444, it seems that his workaround works and hopefully it will work for you too :). Keep in mind though, that we're unable to provide any support or guarantee the functionalities of this app.

As for the repair, your 1 year manufacturer warranty will cover any technical issue with your device which is why we'll have your phone sent to LG. Since we're unable to guarantee that a loaner phone will be available at store, you can contact LG directly to have them look into it instead.

Hope this clarifies, and please do share your findings :).

efblanch

Have been very frustrated with not receiving texts or having people not receive mine. There is no rh yme

or reason. Just know because people will ask "didnt you receive my text?"

Have tried to do all the things various Fido reps have suggested, I see that there may have been a software issue with the Lgg5? My contract ends soon and Im not sure if I need to switch carriers as well as the phone?

Hey @efblanch!

Did the info in this thread help you out? Let us know what's what!