cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages!

Sarahb87
I'm a participant level 2

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

230 REPLIES 230

Dimo
I'm a contributor level 1

Yes, those multiple interactions I referred to included all the usual (reboot, try with different people, try SIM card in different phone, go to FIDO and have SIM card replaced, send phone for repair - they said they replaced the motherboard, etc.). All for no reason, apparently, as this thread would have shown me had I seen it earlier.

Problem is only with the LG G5, irrespective of SIM card used, and it has the updated, "fixed" version of the Messaging app on it.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Dimo!

Can you please confirm that you are using the LG messaging app and not Android messages or another third party app?

Diane908

Totally frustrated!! I've been PMing with moderators over the past month and this is the response I got today ...

"Got it! That's the right version! That problem should be completely resolved by now.  If you're still having a problem receiving text messages, it's related to something else. 

Can you confirm which application you're using for your messages?"

Seriously!!! Has anyone on this forum had this issue resolved?

I'm not paying Fido any longer for a service they won't provide. I'll find a way to close my account. This is totally unacceptable!!

Hey @Diane908

We definitely don't want to see you go.

Let's verify together what was discussed.

I'm sending you a PM. Talk to you soon !

whitesound
I'm a participant level 1

This same issue started happening with my LG g5, has anyone resolved this? 

Hey @whitesound

Thanks for reaching out.

Any error message on your end  when you tried to use your messages?

Dions
I'm a contributor level 2

I have a Samsung S6 i'm using Android Message and i don't receive any text at all, i will if i send a message first but after a while i wont. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SERVER'S!!! CLEARLY THERE IS AN ISSUE, IT'S HAPPENING WITH THE DEFAULT SAMSUNG APP ALSO.

FidoManuel
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Dions!

Thanks for the details!  Do you have the Enhanced features enabled on the messaging app? (Open Android messages, hit the 3 dots, then Settings, then Advanced).

If yes, are you connected to a Wi-Fi network when you try to receive those text messages?

Dions

Enable enhances features " Use data for messaging when available" is on but i'm on the LTE. so far the samsung default messaging app works so i'm not sure if it's just android, but the same issue happened before and apparently Roger/Fido messaging server were the cause.

Skyegirl
I finally took the advice of another frustrated customer, John, on this thread and downloaded another texting app called Textra and made it my default. As far as i can tell, it is working and is a great, free and easy app. I am still very frustrated with the way Fido and LG have handled this message but I guess all we can do is wait for the fix which should be coming one of these days. From what I hear though, with LG, it could take ages.

Hi @Skyegirl

Glad to hear you found a solution that works! We're still looking into this on our end. We'll keep you posted with any updates!

Birds138

I am in the same boat. Really disrupting my life. I just got my phone 2 weeks ago and our local kiosk closed 1 week ago leaving me high and dry. Can walmart help? I hear they have fido as well.

Hey @Birds138!

Are you using the LG G5?

If so, then I have some good news as well as an update for everyone else Very_Happy

LG has begun to roll out the update to the default messaging app! Once the app is updated then you will no longer experience delayed or missing texts Smiley

Dimo

I call bullsh*t. I have the update to 5.30.47.2 on the Messaging app. Same problem. 

I've been through the wringer on this. Multiple FIDO support phone calls, multiple message chats, multiple visits to the FIDO store, and just recently got back my phone after it was 'repaired' for the last 2 weeks. Problem still exists. Most, but not all texts being received; rest never make it. Impacts all contacts, from all carriers, from all phones, but randomly.

I have to add I was really frustrated to find this thread, because it means FIDO has known of this issue with this phone for many, many months. Could have saved me all those time-consuming, useless interactions with FIDO for no reason whatsoever. Shame on you FIDO.

Do third party messaging apps solve this problem? If so, what other apps are people using?

Birds138

That is wonderful news!  Can you please let me know when the fix has been completed?  Thank you.

Thanks @Diane908

I'm sending you a PM.

You will know by checking the version of your text messaging app, if you have automatic updates on, then it will update on it's own. If not, then you will have to manually check.

The update will roll out gradually, but the application version with the fix included is 5.30.47.2

Once you're on that version then it'll be good to go! Very_Happy

brenda18

I have this version of the messaging app and i am still having problems receiving texts and i just got this phone in Dec 2017

Hey brenda18! 

What version of the default messgaing app are you running on your device?

Hi everyone!

LG began to roll out an update to the default messaging in October to fix this issue.

Some of you have mentioned that you're still experiencing issues following the update; can you all confirm that any third party SMS applications are removed, and ensure that your stock messaging app is updated to version 5.30.47.2?

Thanks. Smiley

Rdickhughes

Hi,

My messages app is updated to 5.30.47.2, and I'm still not receiving all messages. Any suggestions?

Rachel