cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone voicemail - no notifications

mikeyjpas
I'm a contributor level 2

Since November 2020, I have been experiencing intermittent issues with my voicemail, namely, I am not being notified that a voicemail has been left. I am using Iphone XS max ios 14.4. I have the visual voicemail value pack add-on as well.

Normally, when someone calls and leaves a voicemail, there is a red dot on the phone icon to notify me that a voicemail is waiting. I tap the phone icon, and the voicemail tab, and I can see the voicemail indication, and usually a transcription as well.

However, more and more often, people are calling and leaving voicemails, but no indication (red dot) and it doesn't appear on the voicemail tab. If I dial my own phone number , or press and hold 1, I can call my voicemail , enter my PIN, then retrieve the new message that way, however, that is less than ideal, because I'd be calling blindly multiple times a day, just checking to see if there is a message waiting.

Now today, Fido/ Rogers is telling me that this is a issue that is affecting iphone customers, and it is on Apple's side the problem. I find that hard to believe, as my internet searches haven't revealed other people complaining of the same issue. Millions of people have iphones, if Apple created a problem with visual voicemail, then I suspect I'd be reading a lot more posts about it.

I can't tell you how many times I've called Fido, dealt with their agents, been put on hold, transfer to tech support, level 1, level 2, supervisors, office of the president, multiple CCTS complaints etc. Every time, its a different excuse , and now today, I am being told, that hopefully it would be fixed with apple's next ios update. To me, that is not a solution, that could be in months, and no guarantee. I think that is just an excuse and not the truth.

The last supervisor said that the issue only affects VISUAL voicemail on iphones, so he changed my value pack that I receive txt/mms messages each time a voicemail is left. At least that would give me notifications that a message is waiting, but that is not the ideal situation, I would like to use visual voicemail.

So , do any other iphone users with visual voicemail, been experiencing lack of notifications or delayed notifications of your voicemails?

I'd ask for troubleshooting tips, but they have removed the visual voicemail from my account for the time being.

I'm very frustrated, because clearly I don't trust in what they are saying. I'm ready to switch providers, but if there is something on my phone that is causing the issue, I dont want to recreate the issue elsewhere.

Thanks for everyone's advice,

Mike

23 REPLIES 23

Larry-B
I'm a participant level 1

I have the same issue. Currently have IphoneXR.  I have missed messages only to get a call saying "why didn't you call me back?"  They left a message that I didn't know.  This is not any settings on the iPhone to be knowledge that I've missed. Really annoying!  Did you resolve the issue yet?

BOBTHEFIXER

I am having this issue from many many months, i called twice or thrice, and was told it was fixed and it comes back again. 

I cant answer the phone even if its ringing beside me due to my work and my hands ( full or mud) always. 

i now text my family and tell them to call and leave a voice msg several times to "push" other msges , sometime it works and i get so many msges at once. 

i had to call customers and apologize that i didnt get their mag in time. 

this issue must be resolved, its so inconvenient! 

bgumble

Hi, I have been experience the same issue for the last 2 years. I have not been calling in to wait for hours and hours for a resolution. I'm shocked to see that everyone has had similar issues ongoing, and there is nothing we can do about it. 

I think maybe my plan will be to move cell phone providers rather than suffer the continuing loss of voicemail messages.

Hey @bgumble, Alex here and I'll be happy to help. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having a similar issue for so long! I definitely recommend to get in touch with our customer service because depending on what's happening, we might just be able to help and get this resolved for you. 

There are a lot of ways to contact us if you prefer not call, you can use the live chat on our website or even contact us on social media. You can find all those ways here. 😊

lookinglaika
I'm a participant level 3

21 September 2021.  I've been dealing with this problem intermittently for years.  Like other years, it continues with new phones.  I have been documenting my interactions with Fido since June.  They keep on having me go through elaborate steps to test my voicemail.  The last time, when I was cut off using my second device to fix my first, I was transferred to the wrong department 3 times, and eventually received a message that due to technical difficulties (!), my call was being ended.  I can't help but think that Fido is using its customers as unpaid troubleshooters to verify this problem still exist.  Even though no one I talk with acknowledges this is a problem experienced by many.  

Hey @lookinglaika! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your last experience when you last contacted us. That's certainly not the optimal service we wish to provide you with.

That said, we'll be happy to take a look at this with you. Simply reach out to us at these channels to get started.

Thanks!

Erzsi_i
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I'm experiencing this issue and am on the latest update 14.8 with an iPhone 11 Pro (my # is tied to an iPhone SE on plan though, saw that I maybe should have registered the SIM?).

The last month I can pinpoint 2 missing visual voicemails where I confirmed with the caller that they'd called me and left a vm but that I never received it. At home I'm usually on WiFi, but in the most recent case, I was out in public running errands waiting for a call to pick up my car. It's been at least half a year that I've noticed missing visual voicemails. Would be happy to provide more details. I'm also on the Do not call list but get a lot of random callers, would love to have this resolved. Thank you.

Warm Regards, 
Erzsi

Erzsi_i

Try going into your Fido account, getting rid of the VM service, then later re-adding it. Forces you to set it all up again. That’s what fixed my issue!

lookinglaika

Hi Erzsi.  Did registering the SIM help?

Hi @Erzsi_i

Did you get in touch with our Support team to get technical assistance? You can contact them here

Erynbc

I have been having the same problem with my visual and tegular voicemail since the whole Fido network thing went down. I have missed many work messages because I didn't know this was an issue. I too have been passed around the fidoverse and last week I was on hold for an hour then was told I was sent to land line tech not cel tech. I haven't called back since, and that was after I was hung up on when I originally got to a tech after a 45minute wait. I am un impressed with all this especially if this is a known problem.

Hello @Erynbc,

Welcome to the community!

Sad to hear you're having issues with your voicemail. Feel free to reach out over these methods and we'll be happy to help.

mikeyjpas

Any update to this issue? It's been since November. Rogers says it's a known issue but with no fix in sight. How can you leave customers without functioning visual voicemail for 6 months! That's insane. 

Hi @mikeyjpas

I'm sorry to learn that this has yet to be resolved. Sad

Have you since spoken to our Tech Support team to ask about any updates?

mikeyjpas

No, I have not contacted tech support, because I will be on the phone for hours and hours, having to start at the very beginning.

I has an open case with level 2 tech support (rogers) and office of the president.

But come on, 6 months!?

If there is anything you can do to check for me, I'd appreciate it.

guylaine4

It would be nice to let the rest of us know if there is a fix or not. I have been experiencing the same problem since december, calling fido every couple of weeks with this issue (they reset something on my account which fixes it temporarily then issue comes back). Never heard until now that it affected multiple users. Would have been nice, as I would have stopped wasting time trying to fix my phone (which isn't the problem after all...)

Anyways, please let the rest of us know where things are at. I've lost too much time on the phone with fido already. They're nice, but I got better things to do. Thanks.

mikeyjpas

Guylaine4 : for me, issue still not resolved. I used to get an email from the office of the president every 48 hours saying issue not yet resolved, then it became once a week, after a couple of months it just stopped. Last time I contacted them, they said I would receive a text message when it was fixed. Never received one. 

last time I actually spoke to someone they said when Apple put a new iOS version it would be fixed. Well Apple did put a new iOS version. But I have no way of knowing if it'll work because they switched my value pack so I get sms notification when I have a voicemail. I would have to switch back in order to test if it works with visual voicemail, but each time I switch it causes huge problems with the billing, and it takes hours and hours on the phone. For all I know the problem is resolved but there is no one to confirm this.

guylaine4

Thanks for replying!

I can confirm that the issue is still not resolved, at least for me. Instead of calling them today, I tried to reboot (no effect), then the trick with the phone number in the settings that was mentioned by jamie in this thread (no effect). Usually messages would appear after I call my voicemail, but this time it didn't...

About 20 minutes later, new messages suddenly appeared, and things are now back to normal. Not sure what did it though. My guess is the phone # in the settings thing, but no way to be sure. At least I know what I'll try next time: reboot + reenter phone #
But I may also ask for a credit, as I am not getting the feature I am paying for...

lookinglaika

I've been having this problem intermittently over several iphones, all with Fido.

Have you received any updates since you raised this issue in this forum a month ago?  I am currently experienciing this problem.

Fido has marked your problem as having been solved.  But for a "solution," they just post that a fix is coming.

As this problem has been happening for years, I'm not optimistic that Apple is going to all of a sudden fix this in the next IOS update.

mikeyjpas

Hey there lookinglaika,

Nope, nothing is resolved. I have multiple cases open, linked to a parent case, as well as a file open with the office of the president. 

The issue has been persisting since Nov. it is shocking that no fix has been made in 5 months! If truly all those with iPhones were unable to use visual voicemail, there would be threads in every forum , and a lot more people complaining. 

i called Apple, explained the situation, gave the carrier (Rogers/Fido) and they said that there are no known issues. So Fido blames Apple and Apple blames Fido. Lovely.

Having no timeframe for a fix, and stating that maybe with the next Apple iOS update, is really a cheap way out. How come no issues with other carriers??

fido isn't giving any information. I get an email every 48 hours from office of the president stating no updates to this issue. 5 months!?!