Suspend a plan

I'm a Participant Level 2 Zoro7
I'm a Participant Level 2

Suspend a plan

Hi guys 

I want to suspend my plan cause I'm going abroad. How long will be the maximum suspension period & how much per month. Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solution

Re: Suspend a plan

Hello @Zoro7,

Welcome to the community!

A temporary suspension is offered for a maximum of 12 months and a minimum 2 months. The cost is $30 for each month and you can only do it once in a 12 months period.

Also something to note a temporary suspension can only be added at the beginning of a billing cycle.

If you currently have a contract you will not be eligible for a temporary suspension it is only for plans that are on a month to month.

*Last updated June 28th, 2019.

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 1 salmondream
I'm a Participant Level 1

temporary service interruption

I am not in Canada from August 7th to September 4th. I will be in Korea for a month. So could it stop 'fido' for almost a month? Let me use it again on September 5th.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 Eulina

Suspend 2 mobile lines under one account

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if there's a way that allow me to suspend my phone plans (which contains 2 mobile lines), as I'm going abroad for 2 months. I already know that the suspension can also be added at the beginning of the billing cycle, however, my start date of billing cycle is pretty close to the end of a month, do I really have to pay for the rest of the unused month? 

Plus, when I come back to Canada, when and how can I resume my phone plan?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 20

Re: temporary service interruption

Hi @salmondream

Welcome to Community Smiley

I moved your post to this thread as it deals with the same topic. 

I hope it helps.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 20

Re: Suspend 2 mobile lines under one account

Hey @Eulina, thank you for reaching out to us about your situation! 

I've moved your post here as this thread deals with temporary suspension.

We can suspend at $30 per month however it has to start as of the new cycle. Any fees before it starts would still apply. You also need to make sure to not be on an agreement to apply a temporary suspension.

If you have any further questions for your account specifically, you can send us a private message or contact us through our other channels here: https://www.fido.ca/consumer/contact-us 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 20
I'm a Participant Level 2 Eulina

Re: Suspend 2 mobile lines under one account

Thanks a lot for for your information Dolby!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 20