Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspend a plan

Zoro7
I'm a participant level 2

Hi guys 

I want to suspend my plan cause I'm going abroad. How long will be the maximum suspension period & how much per month. Thanks for your time.

36 REPLIES 36

Hey @adrianaazadian!

I've moved your post here as it deals with the same topic.

You can suspend your service for $30 per month for 2-12 months as of the next cycle. To do so please contact us or let us know and we'll PM you here.

didi22

Hello, I'm leaving Canada for a year and was wondering if it is better to cancel my account or if it's possible to suspend it for a year?

Hello Didi22,

Welcome to the community!

The first question you'll need to ask yourself is whether you wish to keep your phone number. If you cancel your account, you will lose your phone number.

If you wish to keep your phone number, you might request a temporary suspension.

There are some other ways to park a phone number, however, the temporary suspension allows you to keep your current plan upon your return.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hey @didi22! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

I've moved your post here, as it will have the information you're looking for. You can contact us through the links above or we can send you a PM as well.

I hope that helps!

didi22

Hi! So I would like to suspend my plan however, I am under a contract at the moment. Is it possible to cancel the contract (so pay the rest of the account balance) and then suspend the account?

Hey @didi22,

Absolutely! You would need to break your contract and pay off the phone before we can apply the suspension on your account for $30 per billing cycle. You will also need to go on pre-authorized payments or pay your account in advance to cover the suspension fees during your time away.

The suspension is offered for a minimum of two months and a maximum of 12 months. Keep also in mind that the suspension and monthly suspension fee will start as of the last day of your next billing cycle.

*Last updated June 28th, 2019.

AtomX
I'm a contributor level 1

Note that it was $7 a month up until June 2019. This was increased by FIDO and subsequently, the post was "updated" to reflect the new price. Just in case you thought it was ALWAYS $30 / month... it wasn't.

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @AtomX

We actually updated the post when the cost of the suspension changed so that the information would remain accurate.

sergewong
I'm a participant level 1

ok how do we do it?

Hey @sergewong

You would need to contact us through any of these channels.

We can also send you a private message here. Let us know what you prefer.

samsam

Please send me a private message to suspend my plan

Hey @samsam

We'll be sending you a PM soon!  

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Zoro7,

Welcome to the community!

A temporary suspension is offered for a maximum of 12 months and a minimum 2 months. The cost is $7 for each month and you can only do it once in a 12 months period.

Also something to note a temporary suspension can only be added at the beginning of a billing cycle.

If you currently have a contract you will not be eligible for a temporary suspension it is only for plans that are on a month to month.

*Last updated October 30th, 2019

AtomX

Note that this post has been updated. It USED to be $7 / month until June, when it was updated. This post revision is kind of shameful, FIDO... and you know it.

Zoro7

Thank you very much for your support. It was most helpful and much appreciated. 

Thanks so much @KAPABLE-K Smiley

I just wanted to quickly clarify that the suspension is technically added on the last day of the current billing cycle. Just a minor technicality Smiley

Cheers everyone!