cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing phone line from an account

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Details: I've got 3 phones on my post paid account. The last addition was an iPhone 4S for my roommate only because Fido offered a deal and a special rate plan for this phone. The contract doesn't expire until June 2016 but I'm moving and want the phone transferred over to an account of my roommates control. I'm not into chasing her around to collect the monthly payments for 9 more months and if I simply cancel the phone I'll be stuck with the economic inducement fee and she'll lose the phone number she's grown accustomed to.

TIA

mike

9 REPLIES 9

tiah89
I'm a participant level 1

i am trying to remove a second line from my contract since my hours have been cut back and am unable to keep up with the payments for both phones. is there a way that i can do this? the second line was for my stepson when he was at our house every other week but since he doesnt help pay the bill i just cant take on both combined bill right at this point in time untill i get my hours back to normal

Hey @tiah89,

Welcome to the community! 

If you're looking to discontinue a service, you will need to get in touch with customer care so they can process this for you.

Kaudjak

I have been trying to remove a line from my account for months now and I keep getting there's no record of my request.  I am now shopping for another cell service provider so that I don't get this kind of service.  I was very happy for many years to have your service but I have had it.

Hey @Kaudjak,

That's not the experience we wish for you and we really wouldn't want you to leave us!

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look into it. For the future, you can contact us here for account specific questions.

Talk soon!

FidoKenny

Hey Proac.

You can definitely do a Transfer of Responsability for that line if you want.

If your roomate agrees, she can takeover that line. A credit evaluation will be required for the transfer. If she doesn't pass, you will still be responsable for that line.

Is this what you were looking to do?

Let me know Smiley

tammyduarte

Hello there, how can I do a Transfer of Responsability? I have one line under my account that needs to go to somebody else. Can you help me with that?

Hello @tammyduarte,

Welcome to the community!

If you're looking to complete a Transfer of Responsability, feel free to contact us over these methods and we'll be glad to help.

There is a $50 transfer fee on the destination account.

Hope this helps. 

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
Yes that's exactly what I'm looking to accomplish. I don't care what she does with the phone I just want her to be responsible for it.

Mike

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Proac,

Thanks for getting back to us! I'll go ahead and send you a private message so we can get this started! 

Smiley