Removing phone line from an account

Highlighted
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Removing phone line from an account

Details: I've got 3 phones on my post paid account. The last addition was an iPhone 4S for my roommate only because Fido offered a deal and a special rate plan for this phone. The contract doesn't expire until June 2016 but I'm moving and want the phone transferred over to an account of my roommates control. I'm not into chasing her around to collect the monthly payments for 9 more months and if I simply cancel the phone I'll be stuck with the economic inducement fee and she'll lose the phone number she's grown accustomed to.

TIA

mike

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: Removing phone line from an account

Hey Proac.

You can definitely do a Transfer of Responsability for that line if you want.

If your roomate agrees, she can takeover that line. A credit evaluation will be required for the transfer. If she doesn't pass, you will still be responsable for that line.

Is this what you were looking to do?

Let me know Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 4
Solution

Hey Proac.

You can definitely do a Transfer of Responsability for that line if you want.

If your roomate agrees, she can takeover that line. A credit evaluation will be required for the transfer. If she doesn't pass, you will still be responsable for that line.

Is this what you were looking to do?

Let me know Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 4
I'm Qualified Level 1
I'm Qualified Level 1

Yes that's exactly what I'm looking to accomplish. I don't care what she does with the phone I just want her to be responsible for it.

Mike
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 4
Former Moderator FidoAlyson
Former Moderator

Hey Proac,

Thanks for getting back to us! I'll go ahead and send you a private message so we can get this started! 

Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 4