cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number back to Fido

Mehakpreet23
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Initially, I had a Fido account and got my first canadian number but I ported to a different carrier a few days after due to a better deal. I have the same phone number since and now want to come back to Fido. 

Can I revive back my previous account or will I have to make a new one? Also, do I need to inform my previous network/carrier that I'll be porting my number?

@Cawtau @KAPABLE-K  @Original_Lucy @Donna10 @kwpark8827 @FidoSolutions @teleute @FidoJonathan @FidoSteve @FidoStephane

2 REPLIES 2

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Mehakpreet23,

Welcome to the community!

When you speak to customer service they will let you know if the old account can be reactivated or if a new one is necessary, reactivating a canceled account does not mean you will get the same plan you will need to take a plan that is currently being offered to you.

As for porting your number you do not need to notify the current provider just inform Fido's customer service you would like to port your number and they will take the necessary information and port the number over once it is done the account with your current provider will be automatically canceled, you do however, need to make sure the number is currently active when doing the port.

teleute
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I have zero idea why I'm tagged in this, I'm not an employee or even a forum volunteer, and I've got no knowledge or info here.