cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Price Increase

Ellen28
I'm a participant level 1

My friend and I joined Fido on December 28, 2021. At that time, promotion was offered to us at $40 per month. Since I am worried about the price increase after joining plan, we have repeatedly confirmed whether the price of the $40 plan will change before signing the agreement. And the sales also told us that this plan would not change for two years, and it is also stated in the agreement. But half year later we received the bill showing that the price of plan had increased. We called the customer service to ask the reason, and they said that fido could change the price at any time because what we signed was not a contract but an agreement, and the two-year price in the agreement only meant that promotion and discount $10 would not change, not that the plan price would not change. This is very confusing. At the time of signing, it was not stated that this was a contract or an agreement and price can change prices at any time. At that time, we repeatedly asked whether plan would change the price, but they got the reply that it would not change in two years, instead of the $10 in promotion and discount that the customer service said would not change. This is misleading to the consumers.

22 REPLIES 22

allensheppy

ince everything is going skyrocket for everything...people are shopping for the best deals possible and FIDO You can bet I will shop a different company to scout out a plan that fits my budget. My bill is paid up but February I will send notice unless your CSR come up with a pricing freeze 

Hey @allensheppy

We're sorry to hear you feel that way, we wouldn't want to see you go.

We do our best to keep everything as is, we sometimes need to adjust pricing as part of the normal course of business operations. This change will help us make necessary network enhancements to meet increasing consumer demand and deliver world-class connectivity.

Please contact us here and we'd be happy to look into your options.

Hi there @FidoUser0912 , sorry to hear that your invoice increased. Not a welcome surprise, did you perhaps have a 24 month plan that was discounted? If so, the pricing would increase after the initial time frame of the 24 months. The only people that can assist you with your account are Fido customer service representatives who can be contacted by one of the methods mentioned Here. As we are a community forum, you would need to speak with a Fido employee. I hope you get this resolved. 

FidoUser0912
I'm a contributor level 1

As per your suggestion, I spoked with Fido employee on 4 occasions

1) Online chat bot > book phone appt.

2) Phone appt > which I took day off for > tried to sell me an even more expensive plan
3) Go to the shop > tell me to contact Fido online > phone

Conclusion.... endless loop

FidoUser0912

Yesterday, Friday (July 28th) was my day off, tried to phone customer service, as per your kind suggestion, after 15 mins pushing different directories, finally made appointment for today, Saturday, July 29th, which is not my day off, so I took my day off today for the "phone" speicalist appointent. When they phoned me, they tried to sell me an even more expensive plan.

FidoUser0912

I spoke with Fido employee.

1) I went to a shop. They told me to go away, as I was not a new customer, but an existing customer. Their shops only deal with new customers.

2) I left messages on Facebook, and their delayed replies can take up to 12 hours, of which the converstation stopped, because I got my postal code wrong. They said it was an "old address" when I filled in the form.
3) I tried calling on my dayoff, the hotline, and pressed different directories for 15 mins, and the only option is to schedule a call back, the day after, which is not my dayoff.

FidoUser0912

I just received my latest bill. The price went from $41.81 to $58.76, and increase of 40%.
I wonder how they come up with that number? I would need an explanation for sure.

I went to one of their stores just now and spoke to one of their reps. The deals that they had in store, were far better than the new "deal" they gave me. However, once I told the rep that I was a new customer, the rep became rude and dismissive, and told me to go away, and contact customer service.

peggyfancy

I just signed the contract in Jan 2023 with a fix price on monthly home internet plan.  I assumed the price are at least fix for a year.  Why it can goes up for whatever reason?  isn't it a bind contract?  seems we don't have any protection at all!

Hey @peggyfancy Smiley 

To clarify, there is no contract or agreement for our Home Internet service. This means you can change the package or cancel it anytime without extra fees.

We definitely try to avoid price increases as much as possible, but as we support more customers and more devices online than ever before, we’re continually making investments to help ensure you have access to quality services.

If you'd like to go over your options, don't hesitate to reach out to customer service

bamei72
I'm a participant level 2

I got the "sneaky increase" as well a couple of months ago. I even managed to get through to customer service per phone to compain, I was told it's the way it is. Of course the person on the phone can only tell me what Fido tells them - sucks!

Hingo

same reply that i am getting to justify Fido's irrational increase in the billing amount..

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @Ellen28

We an confirm that your price plan's cost is locked when you sign a 2 year agreement. It's important to note that your agreement is generally linked to a phone purchase and the financement of this device is what is considered a 2 year term/contract/agreement.

If you were on a month to month basis, your plan may be subject to a price revision. We do try to limit these changes as much as possible, though from time to time we review and adjust our plans to reflect ongoing investments in our network and our service.

In other words, if you have an old plan that is no longer offered, you can keep it for as long as you want. The price of this plan will be guaranteed until your agreement is finished, then if there's a price revision to your plan, you'll receive a communication for the upcoming change

Hope this clarifies, and we'd be happy to review your options for a new plan as well. You can reach out to us using these methods to better assist you.

ls80

this is poor customer service, i understand raising fees for new clients signing up on new plans, or individuals changing to new plans, then they pay the new cost, however, for existing costumers who are grandfathered in to a plan, even if that plan is no longer available, should not be charged additional fees. This is poor costumer service and shows fido doesn't care about their costumers, it is a monopoly and all about money. Very disappointed in Fido for this decision they are making. If someone signs a plan with you for $50 then the plan remains $50, I am flabbergasted to think Fido thinks this is good service. It is more of a good way to loose long standing clients to other providers, I came to Fido because they seemed better in costumer service and cared about their clients, reading this, is very disheartening. Shame of Fido Sad

customerin2002

Agreed 100% Fido is basically bullying loyal customers into to paying more than they agreed on for whatever justification reason they tell you. Fido = Greedy. Only option is leave the company for a better plan.

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

Yeah, unfortunately, the CRTC allows them to do that. They only have to give you notice before your next billing of what the rate change is if you're on a monthly billing system. The only time they cannot arbitrarily raise prices is if you lock into a multi-year contract.

Hello @Is80,

Welcome to the community!

We definitely understand your point of view regarding our plans and pricing. It's possible certain plans are subject to price revisions in order to stay in line with the current market. We always advise of any change taking place on your plan, directly on your bill.

ls80

You can advise or not, that is not the point. The point is you should not be raising prices on loyal customers, that is what makes us loyal. If you are going to play the monopoly game and treat us as only $$$ figure, what is the point of being a loyal customer anylonger? Treat us better, and stop treating us as a $$$ figure.

Loyal customer? People use this term as if it means something, what you are describing is entitlement! With any company at the end of the day, to put it bluntly, all their customers are $ figures what's the point of a company that doesn't turn a profit?  The amount of profit that a company makes is dependent on the service they provide and its importance to those $ figures.

karenc

Hi FidoSaad,

I signed a 2-year agreement from Jan 2022 to Jan 2024 for a monthly plan fee (before discounts) of $50.  Why did my plan price increase from $50 to $52.50?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Hey @karenc! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

We'd need to check-out your account for that. You can contact us here for that.