Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Bill Refund

lcrpntrromane
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have studied in Canada for a year and left in 2017. I have received two final bills on July 2017 (mobile and internet) with negative balances ($-31.08 and $-36.12). Fido owes me $67.20 for almost two years.

I only received a $31.08 cheque in France that I wasn't able to cash there... I tried to contact Fido many times but nothing changed. They said it was the only option...

I have a friend in Canada but it seems that we can't change the name.

What can I do ? I don't plan on coming back to Canada anytime soon.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

FidoSaira

Hey @lcrpntrromane

Thank you for reaching out! 

Normally a refund cheque is automatically issued to the account holder's name and sent to the address on the file about 6 weeks after the final invoice is published. In case of an alternative address, the customer has to reach out to us. We're able to send refund cheques to international locations, however there may be limitations specific to each country. 

That said, we can only refund the amount to the account holder. It's not possible to change names.

Had you requested the refund be sent to France for both accounts? And how did you pay your last bills on both accounts? (wireless and internet)

lcrpntrromane

I asked you how to proceed before leaving Canada and I told you I was going back to France.

I only received one cheque but I don't have it anymore as I can't cash it... I wished you had informed me before, I would have canceled my contracts before starting a new month!

I guess you don't offer any other option because you know foreigners won't get their money back.

I always paid with credit cards.

You should be able to cash the cheques overseas @lcrpntrromane as this is why we send them to international addresses.

Since you paid by credit card we can look to see if we can maybe refund your card. We're sending you a private message so we can check things out.

See you there Smiley 

ericshan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

hi, can you also send a private message to my email? I got a negative balance and can you refund my overpayments to my credit card? I am in china and I don't use fido anymore.

Hey @ericshan,

Welcome to the Community!

A PM is coming your way to help with this, talk soon.

lcrpntrromane

The fees to cash cheques in other currencies than Euro exceed the cheques amonts.

I don't have the card I had anymore...

Hey @Icrpntrromane.

We received your PM. Talk to you soon.