cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final bill refund

wjw
I'm a participant level 1

I change my plan from Fido. And I got a negative balance. However, I make a mistake and pay another bill, thus my negative balance doubled. I wonder if the refund includes my newest payment?

7 REPLIES 7

kyt523

I have cancelled the account with negative balance. After 1 month, I did not get back the cheque, what should I do? 

Hello @kyt523,

Welcome to the community!

The cheque will be issued after your final invoice has been produced, it is possible it can take up to 6 weeks depending on postage before it gets to you. 

You can always reach out to customer service and they can better advise you regarding the status.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @wjw,

Sad to learn you left us, what happened?

As for the negative balance, you can rest assured that the total of the balance (including the over-payment) will be refunded. The refund is sent by cheque to the same address that we have on the account, 2 to 3 weeks after the final bill is issued. 

Payments made by credit card (including Visa Debit / Debit Mastercard) may be refunded to the same credit card if you request it before the automatic cheque refund is issued. This can only be done after the final bill has been produced.

Hope this helps!

Hi @FidoClaudia , I have a same problem( having a negative balance) and I paid my last bill by credit card. Then, I went back to my country and I'm not staying in Canada anymore but my address shown on the system is Canada. How can I get refund to my credit card? 

Hey therer @880613310, what we'll need to do is to get into your account and execute a refund. 

In order to do that you can either reach out to customer service.

devnansi
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi im having the same issue

Can you help me refund it to my debit card?

Hey @devnansi! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

Were you able to get help since your post? If not, contact us on these channels and we'll be happy to help you.