Do not trust Fido Refer a Friend Program. will be denied

Service interruption

An update for our valued customers: We know you depend on us and on April 19, we let you down - for this we are truly sorry. You won’t be charged for your wireless services that were impacted on Monday, April 19. A credit equivalent to that day's wireless service fee will be applied to your May bill. This will be done automatically & no action is required by you.

Click here to read more

SOLVED
Wangdawei1117
I'm a Participant Level 2

Hi there,

Do not trust  Fido Refer a Friend Program. because they will find excuses to deny your request and not telling you.

I was referred by a friend in Nov 2020 and then I referred to another friend,  no one received the credit and any response from fido. so I contacted fido via online chat and their referral program support and was told those were denied because we put the wrong phone number when do referering. that is ridiculous! because we ported from public mobile so fido assigned us temporary phone numbers when activating fido and fido's agent in the mobile shop put those temporary numbers when applying, not us. so not our fault.  the truth is we did refer friends to fido, now fido denied it. I even received an email from Fido saying I successfully referred my friend and now Fido does not want to admit it? so my feeling is Fido attracted us to refer friends and ported from other telephone companies to fido and now would not apply the bonus. I will fill a consumer complaint to the consumer complaint department later.

So, everyone, just my opinion, doesn't trust this Fido Refer a Friend Program. because they would deny it and you will feel bad and it will make it as you cheat on your friends.

Accepted Solution

Re: Do not trust Fido Refer a Friend Program. will be denied

Solved by I'm a Participant Level 2 Wangdawei1117

Thanks, @FidoPhilippe  and everyone else, problem solved.

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Wangdawei1117
I'm a Participant Level 2

Thanks, @FidoPhilippe  and everyone else, problem solved.

Jsam
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi @Wangdawei1117, how was your problem resolved? Having the same issue right now.

FidoPierre

Hey @Wangdawei1117

I am sorry to see you had any kind of complications with this offer. To better be able to review the exact details with you, we'd need to access the account. You can usually contact us through any of the available options found on our Contact Page to reach out so we can review this with you. 

In this case though, I'll send you a PM from here so we can check it out together.