cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANGO

anthonysman
I'm a participant level 1

yes for the last three months i was billed for this unauthorized billing. i do a lot of call to fido and directed me to bango so the Google and i did it bango only base on my number but i didnt get any notification that i purchased any at the play store and google they didnt see any related purchases on my google account i check my history orders nothing is there and now this third party charges cost me $300 for the last three months instead for just paying $10 a month on my tablet!! this experienced push me to cancel all my lines on fido they dont do anything i been in fido for last 3years and using google play for more than 10 years this the first time i charges third party charges which i know i didnt authorized.how come fido authorized this kind of charges without letting know the subscriber...

10 REPLIES 10

nirajchahar
I'm a participant level 2

if I can get some support from others having same issue, we can file a case against fido. fido has to take the responsibility and cannot take money for 3rd party which was not a service provided by them.

the pre-authorized payment was intended only for mobile services. i just realized i was been billed for more than a year for usersupport@bango.com.  i dont have any idea about this.

Hey @nirajchahar, Alex here.

Certain third party services will indeed be charged directly on your Fido bill. These services require explicit consent and authorization before you make a purchase to your account. For one-time charges, a typical authorization would require you to click a button on your Fido wireless device to confirm consent. For subscription services, a double opt-in (you place the initial order, and then confirm again once you receive the details) is required to confirm consent.

If you were wrongfully charged, make sure to contact the email address/call the telephone number that appears on your invoice. Contacting the third party will be the fastest way to resolve this issue. You should receive a reply within 24-48 hours and please keep an eye on your spam folder, just in case.

If you need any more help with this, feel free to get in touch with our customer service here

nirajchahar

i have been the victim of same issue, folks this is a absolute scam from fido, why would they allow and collect third oarty in the bill. i clearly did not authorize this.

Danny84
I'm a contributor level 1

I have the same issue with bango on my fido bills, which I have never purchased or bought anything through the google play apps that cost me money. I don't even know what is bango until I got billed on my fido. I am freaking out as it is costing me a lot of money for 3 charges on bango. Fido better fix this issue or else I'm going to cancel all my 7 products and services with Fido.

Hi there @Danny84

We can understand that it is never pleasant to receive a higher bill.

As explained by FidoVanessa, Bango is a service that charges for in-app purchases. They can either charge you directly on your credit card when you provide it in the app or through your provider which is what happened here. Only the user of the device can authorize these in-app purchases. 

Given that you have 7 lines in your account, I would suggest you to review all the devices of the users in your account to determine where the charges are coming from. On your invoice, you will be able to see which app was used which could be a good starting point.

If you need to block those tihrd party charges in the future, don't hesitate to reach our rep through our available servicing channels here.

Hope that helps.

Danny84

this a data only line and i am using it for works/ business. there is no way I could possibly purchased something that expensive ($131) without knowing. Im running a business so I would like to think of my self as "Im not a stupid person" and I know the different between buying something through the apps or not, im not 5 years old who doesn't know the differents. and for all fido moderator STOP treatinf us like we are stupid and we don't know anything abou this. this when my 7 products with fido will be cancelled soon and I will go to another provider, being a loyal customer since 2014 with total of 7 products with fido and this how fido treating me? fido you just lost a customer!

Hi @emeraude17 , those 3rd party apps are quite damaging. I wrote a post in tips and tricks about these dangerous apps. Maybe this is what happened to you. Read this article about deceptive apps in the android store. From android authority https://freeurlshortener.net/ZGi

emeraude17

It seems I am having the same problem.  I am trying to cancell a fee, Fido is telling me I have to deal with Bango and Bango is telling me I have to cancell from my Google store but I have no aps in my Google Apps store.

Danny84

because both all of those is a ripped off and fido won't do anything about it because they all got kick back from one another between those google play and specially bango and fido! we all being scammed here by our own mobile provider!

FidoVanessa

Hey @anthonysman! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sorry that you had to leave us because of this situation. 

Bango is a service that charges you to your invoice when you make in-app purchases, instead of paying right away with your credit card. This is why you see it on your Fido bill. Only the user of the device can authorize these in-app purchases. 

Since the charges are from a third party, you can only contest them with Bango directly. You can visit https://bango.com/contact and they should get back to you.