apple watch series 4

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

apple watch series 4

Apple just announced Apple watch series 4 yesterday!

For the GPS+Cellular, they support Rogers in this generation, since Rogers and Fido are the same company, does Fido support series 4 too?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 4

Hey @chrisliu0424

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 83
Highlighted

Hey @varanusus,

We're sorry you feel that way. As much as we'd like to provide you with the Apple Watch, we currently do not service it on our network. That said, as mentioned you can link it up to an existing line using an iPhone.

As a side note, your best option to take advantage of this service while getting the best out of our offers is to contact Rogers. We do provide offers and facilitate the migration of your services between our brands if that better suits your needs.

Hope this helps Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 81 of 83
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

Good Day @FidoSaad

Will Fido customers have the same issue with the 5-generation cellular network ?
Rogers all ready have the access in all plans until 03-2021 and will then charge for it. There is no indication on the Fido site of the 5th generation cellular network.

The technology behind Apple Watch LTE connection is not new anymore, I mean the Apple watch itself is now 3 years old, event Freedom Mobile support it now. If Fido is not going to stay current with new technologies that a valid corporate decision, I just need to know. 

When I became a Fido customer (14 years and 10 months ago) Fido was cutting edge, one of the first to have a SIM-based network. As such, the current situation feels like Fido change from cutting edge to current to 1 generation past technology. I understand there is a cost to be cutting edge and I will have no issue if that not Fido anymore and it Rogers I just need to know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 82 of 83
Highlighted

Hey @Tomlaf

We didn't get any news on our end of having the service available for that product.

If  there's any news, we will update this thread. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 83 of 83