cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch series 4

chrisliu0424
I'm a participant level 1

Apple just announced Apple watch series 4 yesterday!

For the GPS+Cellular, they support Rogers in this generation, since Rogers and Fido are the same company, does Fido support series 4 too?

88 REPLIES 88

BJD

Agreed, I called in and had the same experience.  How is it "I" the consumer has more info on the technology that they could support than the people on the other end.  I will say I have always had great customer service in the past but it is a little odd not to communicate these things with staff. 

wallycelli

Now is obvius Fido don't support Apple Watch 4 and will not support it in the short term.

Right now I'm on contract, but as soon as the contract ends, I will switch to a provider supporting the Apple Watch LTE.

It's true that price is an important variable in when deciding service provider, but quality also plays a roll. Not giving support to a device that IS SUPPORTED by the network infrastructure Fido uses, is a big miss in service quality.

Also, I find very insulting that Fido answers about their support to the new iPhones when people are asking about the Apple Watch 4. 

Bendhiman

I think it is absolutely rediculus that Rogers/Fido are essentially the two companies are the same and the Fido portion of the company will not offer the service. Considering it is a simple as checking a tick box for all the Fido customers to get the same service as Rogers Clients. I will have to think about staying with Rogers/Fido it think this is a huge miss for your company. 

FidoSaira

Hey @chrisliu0424

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We don't support Apple Watch.

We anticipate a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that is what we're focusing on. As of now, we don't have any updates on whether or not we would carry/support Apple Watch in the future. I'd suggest you keep an eye on fido.ca for updates on our products and services.

That said, you can buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, but not our LTE network. 

Hope this clarifies!

Tookie3k
I'm a participant level 2

WHEN WILL FIDO KNOW IF ITS GOING TO SUPPORT APPLE WATCH?

BECAUSE HONESTLY I'M WILLING TO LEAVE FIDO AND GO TO ANOTHER PROVIDER JUST SO I CAN USE THE APPLE WATCH.  IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF MONTHS NOW AND YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME KIND OS ANSWER FOR US COMSUMERS.

Hey @Tookie3k! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Nothing has changed since our first reply on this thread. We do not support the Apple watch at this time.

Let us know if you have any further questions on this matter and we'll happily send you a PM. Smiley

Bloodstriker

Ridiculous. I’ve been with Fido for close to 20 years. This lack of support of new devices has prompted me to start to look elsewhere. 

We’d really hate to see you go @Bloodstriker and we always want to offer the latest devices to our customers!

As @FidoSaira mentioned, with Apple’s newest releases we’ve focused our efforts on providing our customers with all the new iPhones as they have proven to be quite popular. At this time we do not support the Apple watch but customers can definitely pair it with an iPhone via Bluetooth in order to use it’s most popular features. 

If ever you’d like to go over your options for a device, don’t hesitate to reach out and if anything changes regarding support of the cellular version of the Apple Watch we’ll be updating Fido.ca Smiley

ShawnNizzle

I’ve been with Fido since fido came to Canada, before clearnet became telus, and Cantel became Rogers, So it really sucks fido isnt up to the times supporting Apple Watch 4, I just got the darn thing, I can’t even use it on my cellular connection,  I even just purchased the new iPhone XS max, and Fido don’t even have support for the 2 different numbers Feature that the phone have, all the years I’ve been with Fido, Fido is always last to introduce anything, The only thing they were first to introduce was Sim card when they first came to Canada

Ilias1

Im wondering why does Fido choose not to offer apple watch support? Rogers, which is your parent company, just announced support so its not a technical reason... ive been with you guys for more than 15 years... i wish that you made it simpler and offer the same tech options like Bell or Telus what are the reasons for holding back on offering this option... i puchased the cellular watch thinking it will be a question of weeks or months before you get onboard... but no sign and its almost a year...its frustrating and makes no sense.

Aleesha

Hi! How has your Apple Watch been with the Fido network? I’m planning on getting it but if it’s not working well without LTE, then I would consider switching to Rogers. 

Please advise. Thank you!

NN5

Hi,

I was wondering if there were any updates on the possibility of using the Apple Watch or the Samsung Galaxy Watch in stand alone modes (as Bell has been doing for a while – and Rogers now does with the Apple Watch, both companies offering a 10 dollar smartwatch plan). Yes, I know you can connect the watch via Blue Tooth or WiFi, but I'm interested in having the watch in LTE mode to not have to carry the phone with me. I've talked with customer service a couple of times and there's never a clear answer.

Maybe we can get a better idea from someone here regarding this topic?

Thank you,

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @NN5

I've moved your post to this thread as it includes the solution to your request. Any updates regarding this topic will also be posted here.

GuanxiongLiu
I'm a participant level 3

So please support e-sim for iPhones

Hey @GuanxiongLiu

We'll have more info on the eSim functionalities shortly. 

Stay tuned! 

GuanxiongLiu

Hi @FidoPamela

Any update on esim support for iPhone Xs?

Hey @GuanxiongLiu!

Not for now I'm afraid, we're keeping an eye out for any changes. We'll update this thread as soon as we get more info about it! 

Thanks a ton for your patience and understanding Smiley

Legacy40k

"Thanks a ton for your patience and understanding"

The entire issue is is that there is no understanding. Nobody understands why the watch isn't being supported.

slavoie

@FidoPamela wrote:

Hey @GuanxiongLiu

We'll have more info on the eSim functionalities shortly. 

Stay tuned! 

Excellent. Shortly means a few days and weeks? not months or years? :D

Jamie3

When will you announce esim Support for the Apple Watch Series 3&4 & new iPhones. I need an answer besides shortly. I think everyone here wants a date

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Who knows! Smiley

Seriously though, we've requested more details on this and we should be getting an answer very shortly. We're all as excited as you are, but bear with us as the new Iphones are not yet launched and we'll be sure to post an update on this thread as soon as we have one.

Hope this clarifies.