cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving all text messages!

Sarahb87
I'm a participant level 2

I had an iphone 6 and upgraded to an LG G5 recently with a new sim card. I have noticed from several different contacts that i am not receiving all of my text messages. I am super frustrated and I have tried turning off the VoLTE and it has not helped. Someone please help!!

230 REPLIES 230

Idrina

Hello Nick.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. I have not contacted Fido about this before. Like another one of your customers on this thread, I only become aware of missed messages when contacts mention them.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thank you for confirming!

I'll send you a PM so we can check things out Smiley

Diane908
I'm a contributor level 1

Seriously! Do the Fido moderators on this forum not read it before responding to new complaints of the same ongoing issue? I'm dealing with the same problem on my LG G5 and Fido gives me the same instructions everyone else has received which HAS NOT solved the problem. This needs to be fixed ASAP.  

Please advise us what is being done to restore the text service we are paying for. It is obviously a phone, network or server problem and not anything we are doing it can fix ourselves.  Don't send me a PM so we can 'check things out'. I've been to the store and they acted like they didn't know it was an ongoing problem!

Welcome to the Community @Diane908

I can understand your frustration and we take the situation very seriously.

Which app are you using for your text messages? 
Is it Hangout, Messages or a third party application? 
Can you also confirm with us if the issue comes from specific numbers or all numbers?

Thanks!

Diane908

I am not using a third party app, just the messaging one that came with the phone. All was fine until I got the LG G5.

I miss texts from numerous people using a variety of phones and providers. Of course, like everyone else, you don't know you've missed it until the sender calls to follow up why you haven't responded.

Hi @OtterCaller!

We'll be receiving the update from LG. The update will help minimize the occurrences of missing text messages. I unfortunately don't have any more info than this.

@Diane908

I looked into things for you Smiley

We received the information that a new update should start rolling out at the end of the month and it will address the SMS issue. 

Hang in there, it shouldn't be much longer!

Diane908

Hi Alyson (Fido Moderator) ... I've patiently waited for the promised update that was supposed to roll out at the end of September but nothing has happened. I am still not receiving all texts and this is extremely problematic.

Please let all of us on this forum know when this issue is going to be resolved. Fido is not keeping their side of the contract and we want to see a resolution or compensation.

Looking forward to an acceptable response.

Diane

Diane908

I am currently running version 5.30.47.2 and still not receiving some texts. Please advise.

Aromasanta

Im also currently on this version 50.30.47.2...still having the problem! Fido need to do something about this or stop offering the phone. I just got the phone in november and now stuck with it

Hey everyone!

Happy New Year! Very_Happy

The latest update we have on our end is that the default LG Messaging app (version 5.30.47.2) should permanently fix any problems with receiving SMS.

I do understand that for some of you mention still not receiving certain messages and we'd have to take a closer look at your accounts.

Please contact us with specific examples of texts you haven't received and we'll take a look at things! 

chelsea27
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have not been receiving the first text message that I receive from anyone since I got this phone 2 months ago. I have called fido 4 times and tried direct chat through their so and have waited for 30+ minutes with no answer every time. Getting fed up paying for a servoce that doesn't work!

Any ideas? Pretty sure I already have the updated version of the messaging ap

Hey @chelsea27!

I moved your post to this thread since it's about the same subject. 

The latest version of the messaging app, the one that should resolve any difficulties with your messaging, is version 5.30.47.2. 

If this is not the version that you have, you will need to update your messaging app. 

Dimo

Why do all you FIDO administrators continue to spread this lie. The version upgrade you mentioned has not fixed this problem for anyone. There isn't a single person on this thread for whom it has solved the problem, and everyone continues to tell you it doesn't make a difference....and yet you still spew the same story out,. Please stop. 

Replace the default messaging app. Takes 2 minutes, fixes the problem permanently.

Just ignore the FIDO admins on this thread and read post #117. Problem solved.

hhjessy

Hey there, 

I have a LG G5 random missing texts for a year. Recently it getting worse. Can anyone help to fix? 

Thanks,

Jessy

Hey @hhjessy

Welcome to the Community!

We'd need a bit more info on this. What do you mean by missing texts exactly, there are texts messages that you never receive?

You can also have a look at the solution of this thread to see if it helps! Smiley

hhjessy

Thank you Charles! 

Have checked the default message version and read all these posts before post the question. 

I have downloaded another message app. I will see if this will fix the random missing friends' texts which sent to me but the messages don't show up on my phone at all.

Thanks, 

Jessy

OtterCaller

Hi,

I'm having the exact same issue with an Asus ZenFone 3. I've tried Messages and third parties and the result is the same: several of my contacts with different phones models send me text messages and then ask me why I didn't reply. But from time to time, I do receive their messages.

Will the update work as well for me (it seemed to be quite LG G5 specific for now)?

Thanks

Hey @OtterCaller

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Can you tell us if you're using the most recent OS version on your device? If not, can you try an update and let us know if you notice any improvements? 

OtterCaller

Hi FidoPierre,

I'm running on Android 7.0 with the latest update.

But did someone figure out what is going on with this issue? It seems to be there for a while. I mean, first message from ‎05-17-2017 and other threads talking about the same problem. The only answers almost so far were "thanks, we'll PM you". So my question is, could someone tell us what the issue is and what is your plan to fix it?

Except for FidoAllyson who replied "We received the information that a new update should start rolling out at the end of the month and it will address the SMS issue." What update? On your server side? Or an Android update? Is it really supposed to fix the issue? Do you know what was wrong?

Thanks,

Alban

@parkex

That's definitely not the experience that we want for our customers.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into.

Talk to you soon.