cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sim card

Sticks74
I'm a contributor level 1

Recently my phone will say "No Sim Card / Emergency Calls Only". I don't know why this is happening.  My phone worked great before on the Fido network.  The only way I can fix it when this happens it to restart my phone. Not sure if it started after my phone did an update. I have a Samsung A5(2017). Any help would be great. My wife has the same phone and has never had this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Sticks74!

Were you able to test out a new SIM card in your device?

Let us know how it went!

Sticks74

I removed my sim card and cleaned the contact on it. Put it back and everything has worked great so far. 

Awesome! 

Thanks for the update @Sticks74

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Sticks74! Hope you have a very Happy New Year! Smiley

In the majority of cases an error like this can be related to one of two things. It can either be that your SIM card is defective and isn't being read properly or it can be the device that is defective and isn't reading the SIM card correctly.

If it's the SIM then the fix is easy as we can just swap it for a new one. If it's the phone itself and it's still under the manufacturer's warranty then you can get it fixed at participating Fido stores. If it's out of warranty then you can still get it fixed but it may not be worth it and you'd be better off replacing the entire phone.

That said, the best thing to do would be to purchase a new SIM in stores and test it out. If that solves the problem then it's the SIM card that was defective. If it doesn't, then it would unfortunately be the device itself.

I do hope this information helps out! If you have any other questions don't hesitate; the Community is always here to help Smiley