SIM card clone

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

SIM card clone

Hello!

I recently got a new cell phone, but I do not want to let go of the old one.... yet.

Is it possible to order a second SIM card with the same phone number? I could not find the answer on the fido.ca website.  

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Re: SIM card clone

Hello MurielDE,

Welcome to the community!

You can definitely order a new SIM, however, it wouldn't be possible to clone your old SIM. Not to worry though, once you update your SIM card via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile --> Quick Actions (near bottom of page) --> Update SIM card,  your account and phone number will transfer to your new SIM.

You should note that your old SIM would be deactivated. It's not possible to have two SIMs active with the same phone number.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Re: SIM card clone

Hello MurielDE,

Welcome to the community!

You can definitely order a new SIM, however, it wouldn't be possible to clone your old SIM. Not to worry though, once you update your SIM card via My Account --> Usage & Services --> Mobile --> Quick Actions (near bottom of page) --> Update SIM card,  your account and phone number will transfer to your new SIM.

You should note that your old SIM would be deactivated. It's not possible to have two SIMs active with the same phone number.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2