NFC SIM Card

I'm a Participant Level 2 uyyut123
I'm a Participant Level 2

NFC SIM Card

When will Fido have NFC SIM cards available? 

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: NFC SIM Card

Hey uyyut123, no word on that yet. If we have any updates, it'll be posted on Fido.ca. 

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger. 

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 40
I'm a Contributor Level 1 SunnyGhat
I'm a Contributor Level 1

What do you mean by NFC sim cards? 

There are no NFC Sim cards on the market globally, and would make little sense to have these.  NFC cards and NFC phones are already on the market.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 2 uyyut123

The NFC sim card is required for mobile credit card payment with TD bank. Rogers (Fido's parent company) offers them. Please Google it.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 2 raynoldt

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 4 of 40
Former Moderator FidoRachel
Former Moderator
Solution

Hey uyyut123, no word on that yet. If we have any updates, it'll be posted on Fido.ca. 

Click on the thumbs up image description of the photo to like a post or a fellow member of the community.

And don't forget to click Accept as Solution in the options drop-down menu once you've received the answer you were looking for; it'll help our community grow stronger. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 5 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 2 Seb855

Galaxy s5 doesnt seems to be supported with td yet . But if fido doesnt have nfc sim card when it will im switching to telus . Kinda sucks that fido always get the goodies months after rogers when its the same company ! I just like having those gadget and nfc payment with my phone is too cool to stay with fido .
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 6 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 2 Seb855

Ohhhhh nevermind lol my phone is supported !!! Gonna look if i can activate with fido a rogers nfc sim card and if not i will be a telus customer next week 😛
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 7 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 Orlandu
I'm a Participant Level 1

I agree the phone is awesome and notice that the same deeps are at virgin sub brand of bell but
Virgin gets all the "goodies" at the same time as bell... like when they launched exclusive devices and mobile payments...
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 8 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 3 DaedalusWren
I'm a Participant Level 3

Has there been any progress in wrestling the NFC sim card from Rogers for our phones?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 9 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 BenStolin
I'm a Participant Level 1

Any luck with getting an NFC Sim from Rogers/Fido yet? I am also thinking of switching away to Telus.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 10 of 40