Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged extra for new connection !

sanish4u
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

https://forums.fido.ca/t5/media/gallerypage/image-id/11363i308A25C79C1F3433

<< link to bill

I have been referred to fido by a loyal fido customer friend. I brought a 2 sim card of wow mobile boutique at square one. Plans were 45 and 40 totaling to around 90 CAD(did not add taxes). The store said there will be a small charge to mobile bill extra and that is standard and the bill came around 210 CAD (taxed) to my disbelief. The store hid the extra charges in the fine print and said that the extra charges will be reverted back to me. I don't understand if I brought from fido directly I would not be charged extra (note: there is a fido store located in the mall !). My previous purchases with other providers from wow mobile were not charged extra. I don't understand a new customer who has no idea about these practices be cheated of their hard-earned money ( around 120 CAD extra !). I want this issue to be solved for any new customers and I want CCTS to do something about it.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sanish4u,

Welcome to the community!

@sanish4u wrote:

..I don't understand if I brought from fido directly I would not be charged extra (note: there is a fido store located in the mall !)...

Sorry to hear you might have been misled when the Wow Mobile store employee told you it would be a small additional charge on your bill rather than mentioning the set-up fees. However, you should note that getting services through a store (ie third-party or Fido) or with customer assistance (ie Live Chat or customer service) would incur set-up or activation charges. Only self-serve options on Fido.ca would waive those fees. You should also note that those fees would apply to both existing and new customers (unless done via Fido.ca). That said, occasionally some stores may offer promotions to waive those fees as well. If that is the case, the store would need to enter the code in the system for the fee to be waived. If Wow had a promotion to waive the set-up fees, you would need to discuss that matter with them.

I understand some of your previous dealings with Wow mobile did not include additional fees. However, it's possible your previous providers did not have any set-up fees (see here).

If you would like to discuss your bill, you would need to contact customer service to discuss the matter. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. However, if Wow Mobile did not apply any promotion to waive the set-up fees, it's unlikely Fido will be able to waive those fees.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers