cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent Billing Issue - Unresolved Extra Charge Since August!

Toni24
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello fellow Fido customers,

I'm reaching out to this community in sheer frustration and hope that sharing my experience might shed some light on an issue that's been plaguing me for months now.

Since last August, my bill has been consistently higher by $60 each month. This started when I temporarily suspended my number, expecting logically that my bill for that period would be reduced accordingly. However, to my dismay, the extra charge persisted into the following month, even after my service was reactivated.

I've been on a seemingly endless loop of phone calls with Fido's customer service trying to resolve this. The last call I made was in November when I was assured by a representative that the issue would be corrected in my next billing cycle. You can imagine my frustration when, unsurprisingly, it wasn't.

Since then, I've reluctantly been paying my regular bill amount, excluding the disputed $60, primarily because the thought of spending another cumulative 5 hours on hold only to be bounced around between departments is downright exhausting. Each call felt more fruitless than the last, with no one able to provide a solution.

The lack of resolution and the seemingly dismissive approach to my repeated queries have left me at my wit's end. I'm turning to this forum in the hope that someone has faced a similar issue and can advise on how to navigate this, or perhaps bring enough attention to this matter for Fido to take serious action. I refuse to pay the unjust charge but am running out of options and patience on how to get this resolved.

Has anyone else experienced this? How did you manage to get it sorted out? Any advice or support would be incredibly appreciated.

Thanks for letting me vent and for any guidance you can provide.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Toni24,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation. It would be helpful to know the reason for that charge. Have you had a chance to view the details of your bill? You can do so via your My Account --> View & Manage bill. From your Bill overview, you can View and/or Save a PDF copy of your bill. You should be able to access your August bill as well.

While you might dispute that amount, there can be various reasons for additional charges. I understand you had temporarily suspended your number. However, did you request a temporary suspension or were your services suspended due to non-payment? If it was the latter, there would be suspension restoral fee (see here; note actual amounts might have increased).

In addition, were you aware the temporary suspension only applied to services? If you were financing a device, those charges would continue as per normal.

Alternatively, the charge could also have been for a returned payment. If they were not able to obtain funds from your pre-authorised payment method, you would also be charged an adminstrative fee.

I understand you have not been paying that disputed amount. However, it's also possible you are incurring late payment charges for not fully paying the amount owed...

As you seem to be aware, this forum is community-driven. We do not have access to customers' accounts and would not the details of your situation. People have incurred unexpected charges for a various number of reasons. Without knowing the reason particular amount was charged, it might not be able to compare others' experiences.

I understand you are reluctant to wait for customer service, however, if you wish to discuss the matter, you would need to contact them again. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers