Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Charge

Ramandeepsharma
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I have been charged $726 for international call. However, my contract says i have 1000 mins for 24 months and my contract will end on April 31,2023.

They are saying that your plan is changed. But I signed agreement for 2 years.And i was not being informed for any changes.And customer service representative are rude and not ready to listen. I never authorize any changes. I called to renew same plan.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ramandeepsharma,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you've incurred unexpected additional charges on your bill. However, it should be noted that the 1000 International minutes is a promotional offer and not a part of any plan details. If the duration of the promotion was not outlined when it was received, it's end-date would have been provided in your bill a couple of months prior to its actual termination. In addition, you should note that since Fido has switched from their subsidised plans to their Payment Program, plans are no longer contractual. If you have a contract, it only applies to the device financing only.

For future calls, Fido does offer long-distance calling add-ons. It should be mentioned that the included countries for the 1500 International minute add-on might not be the same as those for the 1000 International minute promotion.

I understand this is a difficult time and receiving such a bill even more distressing. If you're unable to make full payment on the bill, you might consider arranging a payment schedule. To make an arrangement, you'll need to contact the credit operations team. It should be mentioned that a payment arrangement might not be available in all situations.

I understand you have already contacted customer service. However, if you would like to further discuss your situation, you would need to re-contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Ramandeepsharma,

Welcome to the community!

It is possible the 1000 minutes was for a limited time and has now expired even if you renew your contract the add-on expiration date remains it does not get extended. 

Fido will notify us of any upcoming changes to our account at least 3 months before the change, you can check your previous invoices to see if you were notified, see here on how to print/save your invoice details.