Unable to purchase data pass

I'm a Participant Level 3 lily002672
I'm a Participant Level 3

Unable to purchase data pass

I have a text & call plan and I need to buy the data pass. But when I tap the link www.fido.mobi/data through my phone the browser shows

"HTTP Status 404-/data

type Status report

message/data

description The requested resource (/data) is not available"

My cell phone is iphone se (unclock) and my cellular data is turning on. I taped the url when my phone was connected to wifi. If I need to turn the wifi off, I couldn't get access to any website at all cause there is no data in my phone plan.

Who can help me??

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to purchase data pass

Hey @QueenL!

Data passes are no longer available. To use data, you must change to a plan with data.

You can change plan via your Fido.ca account. Let us know if you have questions Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 93

Thank you for the updates @jwaldr1,

In your case, can you confirm if you had a chance to give it a try with the Wi-Fi disabled? 

You mentioned it worked for you last week a little higher in this thread, can you tell us if you had your WiFi enabled or disabled at that time as well please? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 93
I'm a Contributor Level 1 jwaldr1
I'm a Contributor Level 1

Hi @FidoPierre,

Yes, the Wifi was disabled when I tried it this morning and when it wasn't working last week... (I had also tried with wifi).

Thanks for your attention to this issue!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 93
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

It definitely shouldn't be the case. I'll send you a PM here so we can take a look at your account and see if there is something there that would prevent you from being able to add the data pass. 

Chat soon! 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 93

Hello,

I tried again this morning and it still isn't working... Please let me know when the service will be restored.

Thanks!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 93

Hey @jwaldr1!

Keep in mind that the data in your phone settings does have to be activated. Is that the case?

I'll also send you a PM so we can take a closer look, see you there Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 3 roysong

i have been having the exact same issue for several days. I've buying data pass for 1.5 years. 20 minutes ago, I just had a live chat with Fido. My account was reset and iphone was restarted. Still no luck. At the end, I was suggested to come here. Now I see this is still a problem.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 93
Former Moderator FidoGabrielle
Former Moderator

Hey @roysong!

First off, welcome to the community. Smiley

I am sending you a PM right now so we can further look into this together. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 93

Hello,

I’ve noticed that sometimes it works and a lot of the time it doesn’t (like now for intance). I hope Fido figures out the problem soon...

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 2 paul-in-ottawa
I'm a Participant Level 2

Has anyone successfully resolved the issue of being able to purchase a data pass? (of those who have been unable to recently) It seems to be a widespread issue based upon this thread. I have communicated with Fido support already without success (so far). It sounds like it might be a network issue, where something was changed or upgraded within the past couple of weeks, and that broke the feature for a bunch of us. Any guidance or we just have to sit tight and wait for a fix?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 93
I'm a Participant Level 3 roysong

Several hours after I posted here, I tried again and it worked! So it is not a permanent thing, but you need several days to wait? I don't know. I hope FIDO can fix it before I buy it next month.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 93