cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase data pass

lily002672
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have a text & call plan and I need to buy the data pass. But when I tap the link www.fido.mobi/data through my phone the browser shows

"HTTP Status 404-/data

type Status report

message/data

description The requested resource (/data) is not available"

My cell phone is iphone se (unclock) and my cellular data is turning on. I taped the url when my phone was connected to wifi. If I need to turn the wifi off, I couldn't get access to any website at all cause there is no data in my phone plan.

Who can help me??

94 REPLIES 94

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @nanakun

Do you have a prepaid or a monthly account? Are you getting the error message with a specific error code?

I have moved your post to this thread since the subject was the same. You'll find here a few steps you can try to resolve the issue.

If it's still not working, let us know! We'll take a closer look🙂

nanakun
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, Jo:

I just clicked the link sent from 3282 again, and suddenly it works this time. I don't know why it didn't work earlier, anyway, thank you for your reply.    

May8

Hello,

I text 3282 and click on the link with WiFi off and data one.   It reads "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding".  Can someone please help.

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @May8

Can you confirm if you had the chance to try clearing the cookies and cache from your browser and testing this purchase again? 

May8

Yes.  I cleared all cookies and cache.   I’ve even called CRS and they say it is no longer available but i still see it as an option for monthly plan add on on the fido site.  I’ve been purchasing it with no issue in the past using my monthly plan.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us @May8!

I'll send you a private message to take a closer look into it with you. 

See you in PM!

QueenL

Hello I was trying to connect and my phone says rogers.com and says I need to have wifi or a data plan I tried texting 3282 and Data and when I click on link same thing I dont want to have data on my phone plan please help thx

Hey @QueenL

There's a few things we need to verify.

First, if you're using an unlocked phone you might need to tweak your APN settings for it to work. You can find the details on that here.

You also have to make sure your data is enabled in your settings.

Also keep in mind that this option is from monthly account online, it won't work if you have a prepaid line. 

Let us know if it helps! 

QueenL
Click here
Screenshot_20190504-064009_Samsung Internet.jpg

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @QueenL!

Data passes are no longer available. To use data, you must change to a plan with data.

You can change plan via your Fido.ca account. Let us know if you have questions Smiley

Firengineer
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi @FidoNick 

I rely (or relied) on the data day pass for my occasional mobile internet. I am disappointed that Rogers/Fido did not alert customers that this service was going to go away.

In fact, the website and all information still states that this package plan exists. 

I am not in a position to increase my payment plan to pay for the data I need. What options do I have?

Thank you

Hello @Firengineer

I would be happy to go over your options with you.

I'm sending you a PM now to get this looked into. Talk to you soon.

QueenL

Please send all of us information thank8

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We replied with a private message @QueenL

Let's continue there🙂

wayne96

I was able to use data pass in the past,  A few days ago, I did IOS 12 upgrade and now  I am unable to purchase data pass. last weekend I texted "data" to 3282, and clicked the data link " www.fido.mobi/data ", it took long time and come out message:  "safari could not open the page, because the server stopped responding,  or network connection was lost " . I tried a few times and restarted the phone, didn't work. Please help. .

Thank you

Hello Wayne96,

Welcome to the community!

What plan do you have and when was the last time you purchased a data pass? As far as I am aware, data passes are no longer available (see here). If you wish to use data, I believe you'll need to change your plan to one which includes data. You should be able to change your plan via your My Account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

wayne96

Thanks, Cawtau. Didn't know data pass already gone. This data pass is the best feature of Fido prepaid. Without this data pass service, Fido prepaid will lost its popularity.

nanakun

I can't purchase data pass. I've tried everything (turn on the cellular data, turn off the wi-fi, sent test to 3282, clicked the link...), but still keep getting a error message of "You don't have permission to access /data on this server". I was able to purchase the data pass every month in the past, I don't know what the problem is. Please help. Thanks.

Fiona66

Hi, I have problem with the daily data pass I used to buy. But in the last months, I can not buy it anymore. I text 3282 , the link it sent me can not open with the WiFi swithed to off. It shows: Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding. I have two mobile phones, they have the same problem. Anybody knows how to solve this problem. Thanks a lot.

FidoKija
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Fiona66! Smiley 

Welcome to the community! I'd like to take a closer look into your account to have this resolved. 

I'm sending you a private message your way. See you soon!