cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to purchase data pass

lily002672
I'm a participant level 3

I have a text & call plan and I need to buy the data pass. But when I tap the link www.fido.mobi/data through my phone the browser shows

"HTTP Status 404-/data

type Status report

message/data

description The requested resource (/data) is not available"

My cell phone is iphone se (unclock) and my cellular data is turning on. I taped the url when my phone was connected to wifi. If I need to turn the wifi off, I couldn't get access to any website at all cause there is no data in my phone plan.

Who can help me??

94 REPLIES 94

Fiona66
I'm a participant level 2

Hi there,

I changed a new iphone 7s, text 3282, got the link www.fido.mobil/data, but shows: Safari cannot open the page.

Could you please check it for me.

Thanks a lot

Hello Fiona66,

Have you had a chance to check the solution above? Data passes are no longer available. If you wish to use data, you would need to change to a plan with data. You should be able to change your plan via My Account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

shuang07
I'm a participant level 1

Hello, i also cannot access the data pass options on my phone. It just shows error message.

Hey shuang07! 

Sending you a private message so we can escalate this. Smiley 

zsm2800

Hello, i also cannot access the data pass options on my phone.

Hey @zsm2800,

Welcome to the Community!

No worries, I'll send you a PM and we'll check it out together Smiley

Talk to you soon!

nunuu

I'm another customer having the exact same issue as the others in this thread. Sad It was working fine until about 2 weeks ago.

I've tried all 3 the actions listed at https://www.fido.ca/consumer/datacatalogue/data-passes.

When using the text 'DATA' to 3282 method, it first tries to load the fido.mobi/data but then redirects to rogers.mobi:8080/primary/data_confirm_page. At that point, it times out and gives a site cannot be reached error.

I've tried multiple mobile browsers, cleared their cache, and turned the phone on and off too.

roysong

It's been one week that I couln't puchase the data pass. Everything the same as other people stated. 

Hey @roysong!

We'd be happy to help you with that. Smiley

I'll send you a private message shortly so we can escalate that for you. 

Talk to you soon!

Hey @nunuu!

Welcome to the community!

If that's the case, I'll send you a private message shortly so we can escalate that for you. Smiley

Talk to you soon!

Colin57

I'm trying to purchase a data week pass and the link that the 3282 number sends me never works. I know this is the same thing that happened to me last November. I have seen the prompt from internet sites to buy the pass previously so I do know what it looks like, but it never comes up when I need it to. Help?

Hey @Colin57,

Welcome to the Community!

I have moved your post to this thread since the subject was the same Smiley

You'll find here a few steps you can try to resolve the issue.

If you are not successful, let us know! We'll need to open a ticket to have this investigated by a technician.

LV99

Hello

I have the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I've been able to buy data pass fromt the last 7 months without issues but since the last month when i text 3282 and i click on the link they send (www.fido.mobi/data) it just hangs for 30 seconds then redirects to rogers.mobi:8080/primary/data_confirm_page and then is says:

site cannot be reached

rogers.mobi took to long to respond

Before you asked yes the wifi is off and the data is on and i also turned the phone off and on.

Any help would be appreciated.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @LV99!

Seems like you tested everything on your end, we'll take a look at your account Smiley

I'm sending you a PM, talk soon!

btadew1

I am also unable to purchase a data pass.

Trying to access http://www.fido.mobi/data doesn't work on phone without Wifi. It tries to load and seems to eventually time out. Been trying over a week now.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @btadew1

Welcome to the community Smiley

Can you please attempt the following while having Wi-Fi off and your mobile data on.

1. Have you tried texting “data” to 3282? This will send you send you a link for the data pass.
  2. Alternatively, you can use this direct link

Let us know if both links don't work. we'll send you a PM to have a closer look.

wish1

having the same problem. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Have tried everything and still can't get the data options page.

wish1

Yeah, I am still not able to connect to the internet. Now, sometimes the data options page loads but when i click the options, the following page to confirm the purchase does not load. What should I do?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We'll update you once it's fixed @wish1 !

CMar

hi, 

for the past couple of months I have not been able to consistently purchase data passes.  My husband has had the similar problem and has complained.  At first when we tried to access the datapass link, it would just hang.  Then after many complaints, we began to, at times, see the initial page but would not be able to proceed further.  Recently, we got an immidiate window stating that the page cannot open because the network is not working (which is false, as it is only pertains to the fifo link).  Yesterday, I tried once again - this is a daily thing for me - and I managed to get to the link with the choices of data passes, but when I tried to select an option it just stopped working.  I am convinced that this is done in a deliberate fashion to prevent users to cash in their accumulated prepaid dollars, and opt for a plan or lose their prepaid dollars.  Complaining seems to do very little on this forum as my husband has been doing so for the past couple month, with no results.  I would like to join him in escalating the complaint.  

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @CMar! Thanks for posting Smiley

This definitely shouldn't be happening and we do want you to have access to data passes!

We're going to look into this together, I'll send you a PM!